Unable to add new Accession

Pierre Mercier

Jan 4, 2023, 2:25:20 PM1/4/23
to AtoM Users
When I click on Add and then Archival record nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Pierre

Dan Gillean

Jan 4, 2023, 3:59:50 PM1/4/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We don't have a lot of information - what version of AtoM is this? What user group is your account a part of? What have you tried so far to resolve this? Has your installation made any changes from the recommended installation instructions for its version? Does your site have a custom theme?

As to the issue itself:

Have you tried this with a different browser? Or after clearing your browser cache? Perhaps you've been logged out by the inactivity timer but your browser cache is not updating. Let's first try to rule out local issues.

Have you tried with a different user accounts, such as a new administrator account? It's possible it's a permissions issue - something we can try to rule out next.

Barring that: can you create other entities, such as an authority record, or a subject access point? What exactly are the limitations you are finding?

Have you checked the webserver error logs to see if there is more information? Or tried enabling Debug mode? See:
Hopefully with more information we can provide further information. Let us know what you find!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Pierre Mercier

Jan 4, 2023, 4:04:44 PM1/4/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your extensive reply.  I apologize for the paucity of background information.  I will do what I should have done in the first place and route my inquiry through our IT person at Leeds and the Thousand Islands Public Library.

Regards,

Pierre

Cody Barr

Jan 5, 2023, 2:17:02 PM1/5/23
to AtoM Users
Hello,

I am the IT contact for LTI Archives that Pierre mentioned.

When adding an Accession Record, we are receiving a 504 and 500 error code. This is new to us as we were able to add records prior to this. Editing of Accession Records is still functioning as it should, and adding the other records types is also working.

I've tested this on the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge, all before and after a cache clean. These tests were done on Administrative level accounts. I've tested the other levels, individually, to ensure that it's not a access level issue.

We are using 2.7.0-rc3 - 192 of AtoM.

This might not be the spot to ask this as we are using Artefactual as our host, so I will be contacting their support to aid us as I do not have connection to the backend.

Thanks,

- Cody

Dan Gillean

Jan 5, 2023, 2:34:42 PM1/5/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update, Cody - yes, please do contact Artefactual's Support team and someone can follow up further with you!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.