CSV import error

Vicente Paredes

Sep 6, 2022, 1:29:24 PM9/6/22
to AtoM Users
Hello,

When I'm (mac) trying to import any CSV I always get this error:

[info] [2022-09-06 18:17:41] Job 22896 "arFileImportJob": Job started.
[info] [2022-09-06 18:17:41] Job 22896 "arFileImportJob": Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1271 Illegal mix of collations for operation 'concat_ws'

My work colleague (windows) imports the same file, AtoM receives it. The CSV is created by me on Google Sheets, downloaded in CSV to my macbook and then sent to my work colleague who's the only one who can import it.

Anyone with the same issue?

Best regards,
Vicente

Guedj Romain

Sep 7, 2022, 9:51:39 AM9/7/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Two points you may pay attention to:

The csv file should be UTF8.

If you prepare the csv file from Windows you may need to convert it by using unix2dos in a unix terminal before upload to AtoM. (
unix2dos - Wikipedia).

Cheers,

Meilleures salutations

Romain Guedj, e-Archiviste

Romain...@fr.ch, T +41 26 305 13 74

Bibliothèque cantonale et universitaire BCU

Kantons- und Universitätsbibliothek KUB

Secteur technologies du web et infrastructure informatique

Abteilung Webtechnologien und Informatik-Infrastruktur

Rue de la Carrière 22, Case postale, 1701 Fribourg

T +41 26 305 13 33, www.fr.ch/bcuf

Direction de la formation et des affaires culturelles DFAC
Direktion für Bildung und kulturelle Angelegenheiten BKAD

ETAT DE FRIBOURG

STAAT FREIBURG

Sep 8, 2022, 11:04:02 AM9/8/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

Romain has made an excellent point. It is possible that editing this file on both a Mac and a Windows computer has added in a mix of collations, character encodings, and/or line endings. AtoM expects CSV files to be UTF-8 encoded and use Unix-style line endings:
Google Sheets is usually pretty good at using the right character encoding, but if you or your colleague are opening the file in a local spreadsheet application like Excel, this could be affecting the line endings and encoding. In general, we recommend using LibreOffice Calc for editing CSV files, as it provides much more control over the encoding used.

If neither of you are opening the file before importing... I'm not sure! It's unlikely, but do remember to clear your browser cache before proceeding, and consider trying some of the common maintenance tasks listed on our Troubleshooting page, such as clearing the application cache, restarting PHP-FPM, etc. See:
 Otherwise, in general I would suggest trying to create a new CSV in Calc, or at least experimenting with different CSV files to determine if there is an issue with the file, or with your installation, or with a bug in AtoM. If one of you can import the same file but not the other, then it doesn't sound like the issue is with AtoM.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.