No user error but nginx error log: Empty module and action after parsing /js/repositoryHoldings.js

Cindy

Sep 10, 2019, 12:20:38 PM9/10/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When click update publication status, rename and upload finding Aid buttons, I got following errors in nginx error log:

PHP message: FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Empty module and/or action after parsing the URL "/js/repositoryHoldings.js" (/)" while reading response header from upstream, client: *.*.*.*, server: _, request: "GET /js/repositoryHoldings.js HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "******", referrer: "http://*********/informationobject/updatePublicationStatus"

In browser Console, it says: GET http://host/js/repositoryHoldings.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)

I was able to reproduce 404 error on demo site:
demo_404_error.PNG

We are on 2.5.2, I noticed that repositoryHoldings.js file doesn't seem exist in AtoM 2.5:
https://github.com/artefactual/atom/tree/stable/2.5.x/js

Any idea?

Thanks,
Cindy

Karl Goetz

Sep 10, 2019, 7:49:24 PM9/10/19
to Cindy, ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 09:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
Cindy <xs...@wlu.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When click update publication status, rename and upload finding Aid
> buttons, I got following errors in nginx error log:
> [...]
>
> We are on 2.5.2, I noticed that repositoryHoldings.js file doesn't seem
> exist in AtoM 2.5:
> https://github.com/artefactual/atom/tree/stable/2.5.x/js

Hi Cindy,
Is that an upgraded system or a new install? that JS file was renamed 3 years ago.
https://github.com/artefactual/atom/pull/390/files

thanks,

--
Karl Goetz
Technical Services Officer - eResearch, Information Technology Services

Mail: University of Tasmania, Private Bag 69, Hobart, Tasmania 7001
Delivery: TT Flynn Street, Sandy Bay, Tasmania 7005

Cindy

Sep 11, 2019, 10:31:41 AM9/11/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Karl,

It's upgraded system,atom code was installed from git repository:
git clone --depth 1 -b stable/2.5.x https://github.com/artefactual/atom.git

maybe from this view file?

Thanks,

Mike Cantelon

Sep 16, 2019, 8:33:24 PM9/16/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for reporting this! That's the file referencing this renamed file, yes.

I've created a pull request to update the references to this file in the next AtoM release.

In the meantime you can replace the contents of that file with this: https://bit.ly/2mkTQzr

Cheers,
Mike Cantelon
Artefactual Systems

David GG

Mar 2, 2020, 8:17:59 AM3/2/20
to AtoM Users
Hi, I have the same problem.

ERROR GET /js/repositoryHoldings.js HTTP/1.1" 404

I have modified the view.yml file as indicated, but it still does not work. What else can I do?

Thanks ¡¡¡

Dan Gillean

Mar 2, 2020, 11:22:34 AM3/2/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi David,

Did you restart services after updating the view.yml file? Hopefully it's as simple as that!

Let's restart PHP-FPM first. For all the following commands, run them from the root AtoM installation directory - this is typically /usr/share/nginx/atom if you have followed our installation instructions.

  • If you're using PHP 7.0: sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
  • If you're using PHP 7.2: sudo systemctl restart php7.2-fpm
I don't know if it's required but let's reload the webserver as well. If you have followed our recommended instructions and are using Nginx, you can refresh it without downtime using the following:
  • sudo systemctl reload nginx
If you have memcached installed, we might as well restart that as well, since it also acts as a cache:
  • sudo systemctl restart memcached
Now let's clear the application cache:
  • php symfony cc
Let us know if that helps resolve the issue!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

davig...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2020, 11:42:49 AM3/4/20
to AtoM Users
Hi, thanks for reply. The problem is solved. It was a problem of the atom-worker service.

Thanks again ¡¡¡