Clearing jobs generated via command line from Manage jobs page

54 wyświetlenia

Vicky Phillips

nieprzeczytany,
24 maj 2017, 04:43:1124.05.2017
do AtoM Users
Hello
As I wanted to clear out all the jobs generated via command line from the Manage jobs page I've just been trying out the following command on our test server
php symfony jobs:clear
It does clear out all the jobs but I also notice that the archives which did have a Download button under Finding Aid section is now showing a Status: unknown rather than Download. I've checked and the PDF document is still there but now there is no link to it from the web interface. Has anyone else come across this problem and is there a way around it?

I was also trying to Export history CSV from the user interface but this seems to hang due to the number of jobs listed in the Manage jobs page. I tried the following command
php symfony jobs:list > JobsList20170524.txt
so that I can see any jobs that threw an error but unfortunately this doesn't seem to contain the slug of the job. The slug is visible in the csv export
startDate endDate jobName jobStatus jobInfo jobUser
24/05/2017 09:35 24/05/2017 09:35 arGenerateFindingAidJob completed Generating finding aid for: Solicitor's bill book, tvf

but not the jobs:list

arGenerateFindingAidJob
 Started: 2017-05-24 09:35 AM
 Completed: 2017-05-24 09:35 AM
 User: tvf

How can we get the slug to appear in the command line jobs:list?

Thanks,
Vicky

Dan Gillean

nieprzeczytany,
24 maj 2017, 11:44:1424.05.2017
do ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Vicky,

Interesting!

First thing I will mention is that the issue with the Unknown status should be fixed in the next version of AtoM - in the current version, the status messages are often confusing or misleading, and if you change the settings from PDF to RTF, it will make all existing PDF Finding aids display the status:unknown message. This has been greatly simplified and improved in the next release, along with the addition of a delete option for existing finding aids, and the ability to upload locally created finding aids instead of just generating them from the archival descriptive hierarchy. We have some preliminary docs on this here:

Ironically, I believe that the CSV report generated in the user interface of completed jobs is being generated synchronously on demand, without support from the job scheduler. It was not part of the original development contract that brought us the job scheduler page, but one of our developers have prepared it as part of the testing and development process, so we included it - but it does have its limitation for a long list of jobs. I personally think it would be useful for Admins to have the option to clear all jobs as well, and not just those that belong to them.

The jobs:list task was developed separately, which explains some of the discrepancies. I have found the related code bits - the place where the jobs:list task is constructed, as well as the function that is is used in the user interface to return the slug of the related object in a job - so I think it is just a matter of a knowledgeable developer combining them properly. See:

In the meantime, I've filed an issue ticket here so we can potentially address this in the future:

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.