Re: [atom-users] Re: CSV import and link archival descriptions and authority records

Dan Gillean

Jul 11, 2023, 8:59:27 AM7/11/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jia Jia,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Glad to hear you've made some progress!

Unfortunately, the Maintainers field in the authority record template was added later, and at the time the developers did not add support via CSV.

In general, in addition to the official documentation, the following slide decks might have a few tips that could help with your data cleanup:
It *may* be possible to update the "Maintained" by field via SQL, but it would likely be a complicated join, as I think you'd need to do something like check the id of the repository associated with the archival description linked to each authority record, and then apply that ID to the right field in the actor table. I think this is a bit beyond the type of query we can prep for you, so I would only recommend pursuing this option if you are already familiar with SQL, and have made a backup of your data (instructions here).

We have some general resources on SQL at:
Best of luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

#1 solved! I've found and read the relevant AtoM documentation regarding the first point, somehow I'd missed it.

I would still like to know if #2 is possible though, without having to manually link each one (which we have been doing).

On Thursday, July 6, 2023 at 9:59:29 AM UTC-6 Jia Jia Yong wrote:
Hi everyone,

We have a multi-repository AtoM. I'm currently helping one of the institutions refresh their content. We have plans to delete all their current descriptions and will be re-uploading archival descriptions and authority records. I have a few questions about the capabilities of the CSV import and I was hoping to get some insight and solutions.

1. Is there a way to link the archival descriptions CSV and authority records CSV? I've run a few test imports and I haven't found a solution yet, short of manually linking each record once they are imported. Do I need to do it in a particular order or add a field somewhere? I know the archival description CSV has "event" fields that create an authority record, but it does not include all the fields we need.

2. Can the "Maintained by" field be carried over in the authority record CSV? We are requiring all institutions who contribute to the database to link to their institution's description with this field. However, I don't see it included in the CSV export.

Thank you,
Jia Jia