Release announcement: AtoM 2.3.1 release now available!

Dan Gillean

Feb 14, 2017, 5:00:07 PM2/14/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Greetings AtoM users,

The wait is over! You can now find the tarball version of our 2.3.1 bug fix release available on the AtoM website, here:

This release includes 9 bug fixes reported in the 2.3.0 release - further details can be found in the full release notes available on our wiki:

PLEASE take a look at the release notes before installing or upgrading - they include an important note on installation for Ubuntu 16.04 users, as well as some guidance on how to apply local fixes for any users who ran afoul of the reference code separator bug, #10276.

As always, you can find the code in our GitHub repository (the stable/2.3.x branch contains all the 2.2.1 fixes; the release is also tagged), or you can visit our Downloads page to download a tarball of the 2.3.1 release.

Our upgrade and installation guides can also be found on the AtoM website:

Happy upgrading!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Ben Stewart

Feb 20, 2017, 9:32:39 PM2/20/17
to AtoM Users
Thank-you Dan

I will give this a try this week.
~Ben

Faculty / Instructor CNET-PDIT

College of New Caledonia

Prince George, BC

stew...@cnc.bc.ca

250-640-3100

'Sometimes doing your best is not good enoughSometimes you must do what is required.' -- Winston S. Churchill

mikel...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2017, 6:54:32 AM2/21/17
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

I have already upgraded ATOM from version 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 as your documentation makes it.
Everything is OK, but in my ATOM I can see in Admin - Settings - Application version 2.3.0 - 138.

Shouldn't display version 2.3.1 instead of 2.3.0 -138 is the last version?

Thanks!!

Dan Gillean

Feb 22, 2017, 1:09:49 PM2/22/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Mikel,

Interesting - did you install from the tarball download on our website, or from our code repository on GitHub? I've double-checked our upgrade test site we prepared before the release (to test the tarball) and it appears to have updated the version correctly:

I've also double-checked with another developer who recently installed the application from scratch using the tarball, and he also confirmed that the version was correct.

Did you follow our recommended installation instructions, or is there anything different or particular about your environment?

Did you remember to run the sql-upgrade task after loading your 2.3.0 data into the 2.3.1 site? You might also want to clear the application cache (php symfony cc), and even your browser cache, to make sure you're seeing the most recent changes.

Let us know if that helps! And if not, please provide further information.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

tat...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 1:47:46 PM4/13/17
to AtoM Users

Hi Dan,

How are you?

I noticed in the admin manual, under linux instalation for the latest version, the command to install AtoM using tarball is:

"wget https://storage.accesstomemory.org/releases/atom-2.3.0.tar.gz
sudo mkdir /usr/share/nginx/atom
sudo tar xzf atom-2.3.0.tar.gz -C /usr/share/nginx/atom --strip 1"
Those lines are pointed to version 2.3.0. Is that right? Shouldn't be 2.3.1?
Thanks,
Tatiana Canelhas

Dan Gillean

Apr 13, 2017, 5:16:04 PM4/13/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Tatiana,

Good point! Thanks, I've pushed an update to our docs. It might take a bit to be visible on our website, but it is on its way!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056