Anyone made a Dublin core focused entry UI?

22 visningar

Karl Goetz

oläst,
21 jan. 2019 23:37:302019-01-21
till ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I’ve been discussing with various people about data input for our AtoM site and there has been agreement that a DC focused editing view (rather than the default ISAD view) would be useful to staff here. Currently our test instance is customised to draw attention to the field - but we still need to look through all the areas to find them.

https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.4/user-manual/data-templates/isad-template/ is useful documentation but still requires people to have it open and go looking rather than sit and enter their data.

Has anyone written a plugin to provide that functionality they’d be willing to share, or have any other suggestions?

--
Karl Goetz,  Senior Library Officer (Library Systems)
University of Tasmania, Private Bag 25, Hobart 7001

Dan Gillean

oläst,
22 jan. 2019 10:18:352019-01-22
till ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Karl,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but AtoM does have a DC simple template (AKA the core elements).... as well as MODS, DACS, RAD, and ISAD. You can change any description's view template by entering edit mode and going to the Administration area, or you can change the global default in Admin > Settings > Default template. By changing the default template, when creating a new description the DC edit interface will open. See:

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Karl Goetz

oläst,
22 jan. 2019 18:10:012019-01-22
till ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
The DC template is almost exactly what I was looking for!

Hidden in plain site, or I just didn’t look well enough but thats fantastic - thanks!

Karl.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 11:37 PM Karl Goetz <karl....@utas.edu.au> wrote:
Hi,

I’ve been discussing with various people about data input for our AtoM site and there has been agreement that a DC focused editing view (rather than the default ISAD view) would be useful to staff here. Currently our test instance is customised to draw attention to the field - but we still need to look through all the areas to find them.

<PastedGraphic-4.png>

https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.4/user-manual/data-templates/isad-template/ is useful documentation but still requires people to have it open and go looking rather than sit and enter their data.

Has anyone written a plugin to provide that functionality they’d be willing to share, or have any other suggestions?

--
Karl Goetz,  Senior Library Officer (Library Systems)
University of Tasmania, Private Bag 25, Hobart 7001
Available Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra