How to change site copy?

Manny Rodriguez

Sep 25, 2023, 5:07:45 PM9/25/23
to AtoM Users
Hello,

I'm trying to change some of the copy on the root page of an AtoM instance, for instance, the "Welcome" header.

I think I've found the I18n file where this copy is defined: `data/fixtures/staticPages.yml`

I've updated the copy there, and then cleared cache with `symfony cc`, but it seems to not have an effect.

Am I updating the copy in the right place?

Thanks!

Dan Gillean

Sep 26, 2023, 9:49:43 AM9/26/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manny,

A lot of the "copy" is stored in the database, not in the code itself - because static pages in AtoM (of which the homepage is just a specialized version with a couple extra menus visible) can all be edited via the user interface by administrators. Have you tried logging in as an admin, hitting the Edit button at the bottom of the homepage, and checked to see if this will meet your needs? See:
You can also use either Markdown, or inline HTML and CSS to style the contents of any static page in AtoM, including the homepage. Note that if you mix the two, it can occasionally lead to strange results - just don't mix them in the same line or section, and it works fine. For markdown formatting, see:
For general high-level HTML 101-type suggestions for styling static pages, see:
Note that you can also edit the title of static pages in Edit mode (such as the "Welcome" on the homepage). However, this will not automatically update how static pages appear in menus like the Quick Links menu. Fortunately, menus can also be edited by an administrator - see:
Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Manny Rodriguez

Sep 26, 2023, 1:42:36 PM9/26/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dan! I'll look into that. 👍

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZ%2BYAXdW3gBXRyCON3rT-v%2BeYcFwr%3D-NjdgC4eufUTLnzA%40mail.gmail.com.