ATOM 2.5 install on Ubuntu 18.04

aurelian grinnellian

Jun 7, 2019, 3:10:18 PM6/7/19
to AtoM Users
Hello Dan,

I have been attempting to do a fresh install of Atom 2.5 on 18.04.  It looks like everything is going well, right up until the I click next on the 2nd page of the web installer.  Then the page times out, gives a 504 error, and I am unable to either restart the web installer or login to the ATOM web page (because it timed out before I could create the 1st user account).  I am unable to create a new superuser account using the ATOM documentation.  I've backed out of the install multiple times, reinstalled the Atom DB, and launched the web installer.  Each time, the same 504.

I'm hoping for some assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

Thank you,

Erika Barber
Grinnell College

Dan Gillean

Jun 8, 2019, 10:50:38 AM6/8/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Erika,

Unfortunately you've encountered a known issue - but fortunately, there's an easy workaround - see this thread:
In the meantime, we've filed a ticket to track this issue and hope to include a more permanent fix in a future release. See:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.