Terms related to user

Tatiana Canelhas

Jun 23, 2020, 6:52:47 PM6/23/20
to AtoM Users
Hi Group,

is it possible, from the data basis, to find who added a certain term?

Thanks,
Tatiana Canelhaqs

Dan Gillean

Jun 24, 2020, 4:46:20 PM6/24/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Tatiana,

Unfortunately, not at this time. There is no relation between the user tables and the term tables. Each major entity does have a created and last modified date that is stored, but that's it. For descriptions, 2.5 did introduce a basic audit log module that can be enabled - see:

gomes...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2021, 11:09:12 AM4/18/21
to AtoM Users
Hello,

"If an administrator has enabled the archival description audit log (via the Enable description change logging setting in gears Admin > Settings > Global), then an additional “User” filter will be available. This is an autocomplete field linked to user accounts, that will allow you to filter the results returned based on the modification history of a specific user. To filter results by a specific user, start typing the target username into the autocomplete field, and select the matching result from the drop-down field that will appear below."

I have enabled the description change logging setting and I can tell it's working because the descriptions are shown in "Editing history" of the user (/#view-user-mod-history) as well as in "view the modification history" of an archival description (#view-modification-history) options.

However,  when I try to use “User” filter from the /descriptionUpdates (#search-updates) option, instead of filtering the results, it just ignores the username and show all the results as if that option was never selected (does not work with any username). Also, it doesn't show the message "Currently displaying: username-x".

Any idea what can be happening?

It is a fresh install. I followed your instalations instructions step by step, as always (https://www.accesstomemory.org/pt/docs/2.6/admin-manual/installation/linux/ubuntu-bionic/)
Thank you very much for your support!

Dan Gillean

Apr 19, 2021, 10:17:09 AM4/19/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Gomes,

I'm not sure I fully understand exactly what's happening based on your description, but I've tried to reproduce it, and was unable to create the same issue. In our development branch qa/2.x, I was able to turn on the Description change logging, make some changes, and then filter results by my user in the Description updates page, and show the user name below the field when it returned results. So, as far as I can tell currently, there doesn't seem to be a bug or regression that I can reliably recreate.

I'll consult with our team and see if they have any ideas as to what could cause such an issue. Is anything showing up in the error logs? Have you tried any of the standard maintenance tasks (e.g. clearing the cache, restarting PHP-FPM, re-indexing, etc) to see if they help?

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Message has been deleted

gomes...@gmail.com

May 3, 2021, 4:21:09 PM5/3/21
to AtoM Users
Dear Dan,

I apologize for my late reply, but I wanted to make sure I tried everything possible.
On the third attempt I also installed the OS in English, just to be sure, but the same problem appeared.

Meanwhile I spoke to a friend that uses AtoM in another institution and then he realized the same issue was happening to him:
We were able to turn on the Description change logging, make some changes, but when filtering results by my user in the Description updates page, it doesn't show the user name below nor apply any filter (all records appear instead).

This is very odd, because https://demo.accesstomemory.org/ works totally fine.

Dan Gillean

May 4, 2021, 11:21:34 AM5/4/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Gomes,

One other possibility has occurred to me. Perhaps the CSS needs to be recompiled in the base Dominion theme - and if you are using any custom theming, there as well. This sometimes needs to be done when new user interface elements have been added between versions, and a user upgrades their AtoM instance.

We use lessc as a way to compress the CSS files in our code repository, but typically it is pre-compiled in the downloadable tarballs we host per release on the AtoM website. This means that to try recompiling the CSS to see if it helps, we'll first need to install the dependencies required.

First, we'll make sure that cURL is installed:
  • sudo apt install curl
The rest of the dependencies required and how to install them are covered at the end of our Option 2 (install from our code repository) section in the installation docs:

Now we can try recompiling the CSS in the base Dominion theme:
  • sudo make -C /usr/share/nginx/atom/plugins/arDominionPlugin
Note that if you have a custom theme plugin installed, you should also do this for your custom theme. For example, if your custom theme was named arMyCoolThemePlugin, then you'd run the command as:
  • sudo make -C /usr/share/nginx/atom/plugins/arMyCoolThemePlugin
Now, we should also make sure that we're seeing the most up to date version of the page before testing, so let's clear the application cache, restart PHP-FPM and Memcached (if in use).

Clear the application cache

Restart PHP-FPM

If you have memcached installed, it is good to clear that cache as well. This command should not have any ill effects if you don't have memcached installed, so you can always try it out:

Finally, don't forget that your web browser has a cache too! I recommend either clearing it before testing, or else testing in a private or incognito browser window, where the cache is typically disabled by default.

Let me know if that helps display the user name as expected!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 4:19 PM gomes...@gmail.com <gomes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Dan,

I apologies for my late reply, but I wanted to be sure I try everything in my mind first.
On the third attempt I also installed the OS in English, just to be sure, but the same problem appeared.

Meanwhile I spoke to a friend that uses AtoM in another institution about this issue and then he realized the same thing was happening to him: