Accession counter stopped updating automatically

Emily Lonie

May 22, 2018, 3:46:06 PM5/22/18
to AtoM Users
I have never had an issue with the accession counter before but in the past month the counter has stopped updating automatically to the next accession number in the sequence.

Now, each time I want to create a new accession, I have to go in an manually advance the counter.

Any idea why this might be happening all of a sudden?

Thanks!
Emily

Jenny Mitcham

May 23, 2018, 6:17:20 AM5/23/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emily,

This is a known bug in 2.4 (https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/11700) but will be fixed in 2.4.1.

This was a problem for us and I mentioned it in a recent blog post about our AtoM upgrade . See in particular the sections called 'assessing known bugs' and 'when to upgrade'...because Artefactual did suggest a methodology for us to benefit from the bug fix before the formal release of 2.4.1.

All the best,
Jen

Jenny Mitcham
Digital Archivist
Borthwick Institute for Archives
University of York
Heslington
York
YO10 5DD

Telephone: 01904 321170

Borthwick Institute website: http://www.york.ac.uk/borthwick/
Digital archiving blog: http://digital-archiving.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @Jenny_Mitcham
Skype: jenny_mitcham

Emily Lonie

May 23, 2018, 10:48:56 AM5/23/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenny,
Thanks for letting me know about the bug. I'll take a look at your blog post - thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Emily