Error de Puerto 9200

Ariel Cian

Jun 2, 2021, 9:55:56 AM6/2/21
to AtoM Users
I am installing AtoM on an ampps server with php 5.6 and apache and when I get to the search configuration part I get the Error: Can't connect to the server (Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused), I can no longer continue . I have tried several Apache servers on windows and I get the same error and different versions of AtoM. If you could give me a solution, thank you.

Dan Gillean

Jun 2, 2021, 2:59:48 PM6/2/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ariel,

First a couple of general points:

If you are installing AtoM 2.6, then you will run into issues using PHP 5.6 - AtoM 2.6 expects PHP v7.2. I would also make sure you check the other dependency versions, such as MySQL (2.6 requires v8.0), and of course the Elasticsearch version (should be 5.6). In general, for Windows installations we strongly recommend creating a Linux Ubuntu LTS virtual appliance (rather than a canned solution like AMPPS or WAMP, etc, so that you can follow the recommended installation instructions exactly inside the VM. We list the recommended depencencies on this page of the docs for each major version:
Note as well that AtoM is intended for installation on a server - if you are trying to install AtoM on a desktop or laptop for testing or development, please see our Vagrant instructions, as this provides a much easier way to set up a test instance on a local device:
With a non-standard installation, there may be a limit as to how much support we can provide, as we do all of our testing and development against Linux Ubuntu Long-term Support releases. That said, I will try to offer a few initial suggestions!

In most cases where I have seen this error, Elasticsearch simply needs to be started. I don't know what the command will be in your environment, but in Ubuntu you can check the status, start, or restart the service with commands such as:
  • sudo systemctl status elasticsearch
  • sudo systemctl start elasticsearch
  • sudo systemctl restart elasticsearch
Try to figure out what the equivalent commands will be in your environment, and try restarting Elasticsearch.

There is a chance it could also be a permissions issue. In an Ubuntu installation, AtoM expects all files and directories below the root installation directory to be owned by the www-data user - which includes the ES vendor files and the AtoM elasticsearch configuration file. Again, I don't know how it will work in your installation environment, but in Ubuntu you can normally reset the permissions like so:
  • sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/nginx/atom
Hope these tips help! Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 9:56 AM Ariel Cian <ariel...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am installing AtoM on an ampps server with php 5.6 and apache and when I get to the search configuration part I get the Error: Can't connect to the server (Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused), I can no longer continue . I have tried several Apache servers on windows and I get the same error and different versions of AtoM. If you could give me a solution, thank you.

Ariel Cian

Jun 2, 2021, 6:09:35 PM6/2/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I will try the recommendations, I had forgotten to mention that I installed an old version I think it is 2.2 so I had that version of PHP5.6.
Another query can you install atoM in a Qnap, I think these dipisositives come with a version of Linux as your operating system ?.
On the other hand if you install in a vagrants box, but solko you can do tests

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZKC1Rqr6%3DqJrt4u4dg%3D%3Dk4XDRQVOTMFPVwsr0nPedAcZA%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Gillean

Jun 4, 2021, 11:27:58 AM6/4/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ariel,

I'm not really familiar with QNAP, so I'm not sure. However, if it can act as a server and run Linux, then it likely should be possible?

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.