treeView is not displaying correctly

ism...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 8:54:44 AM4/8/21
to AtoM Users
Good afternoon, since a week, the tree menu that appears with the funds (TreeView), in the last signature, specifically in the descriptions of the digital objects do not appear correctly.

When you open a book, for example, only page_01 appears in the menu. If you click on it, it goes at the end and some 12 pages appear above the first and on top of you, the link to see the rest.

I remember that before when opening there were about five pages and below these a "5 more" link where you could go by opening more little by little. Is it any change from the version or is the subject of the configuration? All the best.

fondos.png

Dan Gillean

Apr 8, 2021, 11:44:52 AM4/8/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

There are a couple potential causes for issues like these, when using the sidebar treeview.

First, what sort order setting are you using in Admin > Settings > Treeview?

I strongly recommend that you only use the "Manual" sort setting. There are some known issues with the other sort methods (e.g. Title or Identifier - title), particularly if any of your descriptions are missing either a title or an identifier. These issues will not occur when the setting is on "Manual."

I've previously described the background on this issue, and potential fixes (which have not been sponsored thus far), in this thread if you would like more information:
Second, in some cases the nested set can become corrupted, which can lead to this kind of behavior in the treeview. We use a Nested set model to manage hierarchical information in AtoM's table-based MySQL database. You can try rebuilding the nested set with the following command, run from AtoM's root installation directory (which is typically /usr/share/nginx/atom if you have followed our recommended installation instructions):
Let's also make sure that all records are properly indexed:
After that, I would recommend that you also try clearing the application cache and restarting PHP-FPM:
Also, don't forget that your web browser has a cache as well - you might want to test in an incognito or private browser window (where the browser cache is typically disabled by default), or else clear your browser cache first, to ensure you are seeing an up to date version of the page after trying the tasks above.

Let us know if that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

ism...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 1:43:25 PM4/8/21
to AtoM Users
Good afternoon, finally the problem was the order, I had it sorted by identifier. I have changed it to manual and it comes out perfectly. Thank you very much for the help.