Ghislain Thibault

Mar 5, 2021, 10:16:09 AM3/5/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Throughout april 2020, my colleague did some work pertaining to the taxonomy (correcting terms, supressing duplicates and the like). Now, all those works are gone and the taxonomy revert back to its previous state. Now I see in the documentation that doing any bulk search and replace operation the php symfony search:populate should be done, which I didn<t do. My colleague can confirm that she was able see her work in AtoM as she progessed with her tasks. Is it becasuse I didn"t repopulate the serach index that we lost the information?

Thanks,

Ghislain

Dan Gillean

Mar 5, 2021, 11:09:49 AM3/5/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ghislain,

I am not sure exactly what you've done, but based on what you describe I don't think anything is lost! The search index is not the source of truth for your data in AtoM - the MySQL database is. The search index makes sure that records show up in search and browse pages, but if you know the URL of a record that's not indexed, you should still be able to navigate directly there.

Based on what you've described, I suspect that if you run the search:populate task, all your changes should show up again! See:
Let us know if this resolves the issue!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ghislain Thibault

Mar 18, 2021, 10:12:20 AM3/18/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dan,

Next week, I will run the following command-lines from the atom root:

php symfony search:populate

php symfony taxonomy:normalize --culture="fr" "Places"

php symfony digitalobject:regen-derivatives

I would like to know the right sequences to restart the system with the following commands :

sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm

sudo systemctl restart memcached

sudo systemctl restart atom-worker

php symfony cc

After each command-line or all command-lines and then restart the system?

Thanks,

Ghislain

Mar 18, 2021, 4:48:13 PM3/18/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ghislain,

You might want to try just running the search:populate task on its own first, just to see if it resolves the issue. If not, then I will include my suggested order for running these tasks below. Really, the order is a bit flexible, but we should wait to repopulate the search index until the end, and the various caches (Symfony, PHP-FPM, Memcached) should be cleared together. Also, unless you are having a particular issue with jobs, I don't think you need to restart the job scheduler. With that in mind, here is the order I would run those tasks in:
    1. php symfony taxonomy:normalize --culture="fr" "Places"
    2. php symfony digitalobject:regen-derivatives
    1. php symfony cc
    1. sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
    2. sudo systemctl restart memcached
    1. php symfony search:populate