View the activity report of each user

Marius EWASSADJA ADAHA

Dec 12, 2018, 7:26:31 AM12/12/18
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone,

We are ussing ICA ATOM to describe laws archives. We have configured many groups of users to work on ICA ATOM.
I want to know if it is possible to view the activities report of each user. So we can know what each user have done and the time of his action on the application.

Thank you for your help.

Marius E.A.

Dan Gillean

Dec 12, 2018, 11:04:38 AM12/12/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Marius,

It's not comprehensive, but we have new functionality coming in the next AtoM release (version 2.5) that will introduce an audit log for archival descriptions, that does exactly this. It will not capture information about other entities (such as authority records, terms, accessions, etc) yet, and it does not capture the content of the changes - only the following:
  • Whether it was creation of a new description or modification of an existing record
  • Date and time
  • The user who has performed the edit
You will be able to see these audit logs on a per-description basis (to see all the edits to a particular record), or on a per-user basis (to see a summary of edits that a particular user has made to descriptions throughout the system). There will also be a user filter added to the Description updates page, so you can bound queries about new or edited content by time, using the date range filter available there.

You can see the issue ticket for this new feature here - the ticket includes a more detailed summary of exactly what will be included:
We hope that other users might help us build upon this functionality to expand the module in subsequent releases.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Marius EWASSADJA ADAHA

Dec 13, 2018, 1:04:15 PM12/13/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Many thanks! I take a look on  the issue ticket for new feature. It is so fantastic.

Cheers,

Marius EWASSADJA ADAHA
Minister of law
Department of Computer Science and archives
User Service