to upload digital object in pdf format

AMANDA KEIKO HIGASHI

Oct 20, 2021, 8:59:00 AM10/20/21
to AtoM Users
Hi. Could someone help me? how to upload digital object in pdf format?

Dan Gillean

Oct 20, 2021, 4:03:46 PM10/20/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Amanda,

Are you encountering issues? The instructions for uploading digital objects can be found in our documentation here:
If you are trying to upload very large files, it's possible that you are encountering timeout issues in the browser. In that case, we recommend adding the objects to your AtoM server, and using one of the command-line import options, where the browser's default timeout will not abort the operation. For example, if your descriptions already exist in AtoM, then you can potentially use the Digital Object Load Task as a way of importing large files. See:
If the problem is with the derivatives (e.g. the thumbnail in the search/browse results, and the reference display copy shown on the related description view page), and it seems specific to PDFs, then it's possible you are encountering a known issue with the library we use to manage digital objects. There is a fairly easy fix described here worth trying:
If you're still encountering issues, please tell us more about your installation, what you're trying to do, and what's going wrong, so we can provide better suggestions. For example:
  • What is the full version number shown in Admin > Settings > Global at the top of the page?
  • Did you follow the recommended installation instructions? If no, what changes have you made
  • How are you trying to upload your PDFs? Via the user interface, via CSV import, or via command-line import?
  • Are your PDFs local files, or are you using URLS to PDFs that are already online?
  • If you are using the user interface, are you using the "Link digital object" option for a single PDF, or the "Upload digital objects" option (for multiple PDFs at a time)?
  • What happens exactly when you try to upload the PDF?
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.