Updating Authority Records URL

Nicolas Souchon

Oct 8, 2023, 2:26:57 AM10/8/23
to AtoM Users
Dear all,

Looking through the documentation, I couldn't find anything about how to update the authority record slugs.

Indeed, having found new information about the creators, we want to update the url by replacing the old information with the new (like a wrong first name for the good one).

I've found that this can be done easily for archival descriptions (https://www.accesstomemory.org/fr/docs/2.4/user-manual/add-edit-content/archival-descriptions/#rename-title-slug), but how should we proceed for authority records?

Best regards,

Nicolas

Dan Gillean

Oct 10, 2023, 8:42:23 AM10/10/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

We actually have a community pull request that will add the same Rename module functionality for authority records, developed by Matt Innes, that should  be included in an upcoming release. See:
I have not yet managed to 100% confirm with our Maintainer team if they intend to include this in the upcoming 2.8 release or not, but I suspect so. It appears that it has already been code reviewed and merged into our main development branch, which is a promising sign!

In the meantime, it will not be fast if you are hoping to make many changes, but you can use SQL to edit the slug of a record.

Before using SQL on a production installation of AtoM, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND you make a backup first, just in case! See:
It will be a two-part process to edit the slug of a record - first, you will find it's object ID based on the current slug, and then you can use this ID to update the slug to a new value. The nice thing is that this method can work for other record types too, such as repository records. See:
Hope this helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Nicolas Souchon

Oct 15, 2023, 4:15:49 AM10/15/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your very complete and useful reply.

From what I've read, there's also the possibility of deleting all the slugs and regenerating them (https://www.accesstomemory.org/fr/docs/2.7/admin-manual/maintenance/common-atom-queries/#delete-slugs-from-atom)

DELETE s from slug s JOIN actor a ON s.object_id = a.id AND a.id NOT IN (3, 6);

and

php symfony propel:generate-slugs

Since we have to redo a lot of URLs, is this a viable option?

Best regards,

Nicolas

Dan Gillean

Oct 16, 2023, 8:23:08 AM10/16/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

Yes, deleting all the slugs and regenerating them is certainly an option.

If you don't have customized slugs elsewhere in the application then you can avoid using SQL by just using the --delete option on the generate slugs CLI task. This will delete ALL slugs across all entities before regenerating. The process is still very quick, but if you have descriptions where you have manually customized the slug so it is different from the current setting for description slug generation (be it title, identifier, ref code, etc), those local customized slugs will be lost when the task runs. If that's not a concern however, I would recommend this approach, as it's safer than using SQL and accidentally deleting something important.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Matheus Mumbala

Oct 17, 2023, 9:52:52 AM10/17/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Good Day,
I'm busy finishing up the ATOM installation & I came across the attached below. Is it a must that I install the composer?

--
Best Regards
Matheus Mumbala

Dan Gillean

Oct 17, 2023, 10:53:32 AM10/17/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matheus,

There are two options for how to install AtoM described in our documentation. Composer is only required for Option 2, installing from our GitHub code repository - that is why its mention is nested under the Option 2 heading in the installation documentation.

If you have installed following Option 1 (downloading the tarball from our website and using that to install), then you do not need to install Composer - we have already added all the required dependencies and precompiled them in the tarball. You can also skip all the rest of the other instructions under the Option 2 subheading, and jump to the next main part of the installation docs: Create the database.

However, if you skipped Option 1 and have instead followed Option 2 and installed AtoM from our code repository, then yes - you will need to install Composer and follow the instructions in that section to ensure that all required dependencies are properly installed.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Matheus Mumbala

Oct 18, 2023, 3:39:01 AM10/18/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank You dan.
I'll jump right on to Creating the database.