SOLVED? 500 Internal Server error when trying to add Accession Records or Archival Description

Patrick Goetz

Nov 5, 2023, 9:05:59 AM11/5/23
to AtoM Users
Hi -

Another side effect of upgrading from 2.6.4 to 3.7.3.  When

  ~/index.php/informationobject/add

was invoked, it was giving a 500 Internal Server error.  The issue was:

[error] 94428#94428: *827 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: The template "_notes.php" does not exist or is unreadable in """ while reading response header from upstream

Snooping around a bit I found this file:

/usr/share/nginx/atom/plugins/arDominionB5Plugin/modules/object/templates/_notes.php

and copied it to the templates folder of my custom theme.  This seems to have resolved the issue, but I'm wondering if this was the correct thing to do; e.g. are there are additional customizations that need to be done on _notes.php, or is this just boilerplate PHP code?

Dan Gillean

Nov 6, 2023, 2:03:58 PM11/6/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

I have asked the Maintainers if they could think of any other related elements you should check, and they couldn't think of anything. Thanks for mentioning it to us! They are going to review the "Upgrading with a custom theme" doccs and determine if something should be added about this particular case. In the meantime, glad you were able to sort this out!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.