Omphile Sebonego

Sep 16, 2019, 10:35:16 AM9/16/19
to AtoM Users
hi guys I am experiencing an http error 500, this happened after i used touch command to create file atom-worker serviceon ubuntu 16.04 the comand was as follows sudo touch /user/lib/systemed/stystem/atom-worker.service, after reloading daemon everything disapeared,guys please help.

Dan Gillean

Sep 16, 2019, 12:00:09 PM9/16/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Omphile,

I don't know if it is just in the forum or if this is the exact command that you entered, but there are a couple typos in your command that could be causing issues.

I personally like to use nano as my command-line editor. If you don't have it installed, you can run the following to install it:
  • sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get install nano
I would do the process like so:
  • create the file: sudo touch /usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service
  • open the file with nano: sudo nano /usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service
  • paste in the configuration block provided in the documentation, here
  • Make sure you save it: hit CTRL+O to write to the file, press enter to confirm the name of the file (don't change it), and then press CTRL+X to exit nano.
Now you should be able to reload the systemd daemon and start the service.

Let us know if that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 10:35 AM Omphile Sebonego <omphile....@botho.ac.bw> wrote:
hi guys I am experiencing an http error 500, this happened after i used touch command to create file atom-worker serviceon ubuntu 16.04 the comand was as follows sudo touch /user/lib/systemed/stystem/atom-worker.service, after reloading daemon everything disapeared,guys please help.

Omphile Sebonego

Sep 17, 2019, 5:08:31 AM9/17/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan
I managed to solve it by removing the atom-worker.service and the elasticsearch.service which were both on the  /usr/lib/systemd/system/ directory,I was trying to create the atom worker.service  since i am still experiencing the error could not open the input file symfony,is there a solution to this error,is is posible to use thatom worker.service and elasticsearch service?

Dan Gillean

Sep 18, 2019, 1:26:56 PM9/18/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Omphile,

The only time I have seen "could not open symfony" errors is generally when users are trying to run Symfony commands (i.e. any command that starts with php symfony) while NOT in the root AtoM installation directory. Typically, if you have followed our recommended installation instructions, the root installation directory is /usr/share/nginx/atom. Any Symfony commands should be run from there. Try that and see if it helps?

You will need the atom-worker and elasticsearch services set up for AtoM to work as expected. However, I believe it is possible to set up the atom-worker service, at least, in different locations - for example, in /lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service instead, or even in /etc/systemd/user , as these references suggest:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056