Sandbox - print finding aid PDF

Kieran O Leary

Nov 29, 2023, 8:39:04 AM11/29/23
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I'm using the sandbox and there is no option to print a finding aid as PDF (or RTF). I only see the option to upload.

Is this intentional?

Best,

Kieran

Dan Gillean

Nov 29, 2023, 9:00:46 AM11/29/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kieran,

It depends on the settings. Currently, the finding aids are set to only generate for published descriptions - you can see an option to both generate and upload on this published description, for example:
Note that generating for PDF or RTF is a global setting controlled by an Administrator via the settings, and not a choice that users get to make individually on each description. See:

For the description you are looking at - try publishing it, and see if a "Generate" option becomes available. Please note that any attempt to upload a finding aid to the demo site will fail, as we have blocked file uploads for security purposes.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Kieran O Leary

Nov 29, 2023, 9:54:09 AM11/29/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
That worked perfectly, thank you!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZKAp3iz5%2BJ0GrJE62v26h4ae%3Duq301YrRqW9nPUm3vt1A%40mail.gmail.com.
Message has been deleted