Background jobs log

Germán Biozzoli

Jul 1, 2019, 10:45:08 AM7/1/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear community

I'm trying to show some features of Atom, as for instance storage units. I've linked a Subarchive to a storage unit and the tool started a background job, I assume updating all nested documental units, but nothing happens. The job says that has finished OK but the nested entities do not have inherited this link.

The same occurs with subject. I've assigned a subject to a composed documental unit, expecting that all nested would inherit this subject. I don't know if I'm expecting a functionality that is not currently implemented or could be there something wrong in the configuration of gearman?

Kind regards
Germán

Corinne Rogers

Jul 2, 2019, 4:24:17 PM7/2/19
to AtoM Users
Hello Germán,

There is no automatic inheritance for access points (subjects) or for physical storage locations. An access point might relate broadly to a larger unit but not be relevant for all smaller units contained within it. With respect to storage locations, AtoM's archival description reflects the intellectual arrangement of an aggregation, and this does not necessarily coincide with the physical arrangement of those objects.

I hope this answers your question.
best regards,
Corinne
Artefactual Systems