Fatal memory error while installing 2.4

Beda Szukics

Oct 12, 2017, 4:20:17 AM10/12/17
to AtoM Users

Hi all

I'm trying to upgrade my 2.3 version to 2.4.

While running the web-installer of the new version I get the following:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 100054 bytes) in /var/www/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/i18n/sfMessageSource.class.php on line 199

What should I do?

I'm using debian 8 with the apache server.

Beda

José Raddaoui

Oct 12, 2017, 5:10:30 AM10/12/17
to AtoM Users
Hi Beda,

It looks like you're hitting the PHP memory limit. You'll need to edit the Apache php.ini file and increase the memory limit to at least 512M (1024M would be better if your server config allows it).

Best regards.

Beda Szukics

Oct 12, 2017, 10:15:39 AM10/12/17
to AtoM Users
Thank you

I did that. But I run in an other issue: I hadn't changed the elasticsearch index to a new name. The web installer didn't go further. I think that should be mentioned in the upgrade description.

Another thing:

rsync -av /var/www/icaatom_old/uploads /usr/share/nginx/atom/uploads

should be:

rsync -av /var/www/icaatom_old/uploads/ /usr/share/nginx/atom/uploads/

because otherwise I get (in my case) /var/www/atom/uploads/uploads

I had the old version (2.3.1) in /var/www/archiv
The new one (2.4) I installed in /var/www/atom
Now I have removed /var/www/archiv and made a symlink from archiv to atom
But there is still an elasticsearch index called "atom" (the new one is "muri"). How do I delete that?

José Raddaoui

Oct 13, 2017, 8:27:20 AM10/13/17
to AtoM Users
Hi Beda,

If you hadn't changed the Elasticsearch index to a new name, the installer should overwrite the index with the new data. Otherwise you could delete the old one with a request to your Elasticsearch server, for example:

curl -XDELETE 'localhost:9200/atom?pretty'

Best regards.