disabling full width treeview sort for unauthenticated users

mathieu....@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2018, 7:59:25 PM12/10/18
to AtoM Users
I was wondering if there is a way to disable the drag and drop reordering in the full-width treeview when users aren't logged in.  I find especially when our AtoM site is viewed on a mobile device, the full-width treeview is not super usable because so much of the text is obscured due to the screen size, but it's also very difficult to scroll unless you know to do so on the extreme left of the list.

Thanks,
Mathieu Deschaine

Sasa Djukic

Jun 23, 2020, 2:51:54 AM6/23/20
to AtoM Users
I agree with everything above, does anyone have any solution to remove gearmen or something similar for unregistered users, so that they can scroll on mobile devices without difficulty.Thanks

Dan Gillean

Jun 23, 2020, 11:31:38 AM6/23/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi both,

First, Mathieu if you're still following this thread, I apologize that no one ever responded! I did reproduce the problem you describe at the time, and filed the following ticket so we can track it and hopefully fix it in a future release:
It seems I forgot to respond back on this thread!

Sasa, we'd like to see a fix for this included in a future release as well. As you may know, we depend on our community for support in prioritizing bug fixes and new features. While Artefactual commits time with every release to addressing as many bugs as we can, we also need to prioritize and fix the worst issues with the time we can invest. For other bugs and new features, our business model (in which we make all of AtoM and its related resources freely available under open licenses) means we rely on support either via code contributions (such as a pull request with a fix), or else development sponsorship (so we can prioritize fixing the issue for the next release). You can read more about how we maintain and develop AtoM here:
If this is a priority for your institution and you might like to sponsor a fix, feel free to contact me off-list and our team can prepare an estimate for you. Otherwise, we will try to address it in a future release, though we can make no promises as to if and when that will happen. Right now we are focused on finalizing the 2.6 release, and this issue is unfortunately not currently slated to be addressed in the upcoming release.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Sasa Djukic

Jun 24, 2020, 3:26:01 AM6/24/20
to AtoM Users

Thank you for the quick answer, i know how you work and we are extremely satisfied with your work and work off community. Atom is great application and i will contact you directly for this problem if necessary.