Accession record 'disappeared'

Jenny Mitcham

Nov 6, 2017, 8:45:34 AM11/6/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A colleague has reported that an accession record that she created last week has disappeared. It is not visible when searching or browsing accessions BUT can be viewed if you type in the url directly, so the information is clearly there.

Does anyone know why this might have happened and how to solve it? My first thought was that perhaps I should do a re-index and see if it appears, but if there is an alternative solution I'd be happy to hear it.

We are still on AtoM 2.2 but hopefully an upgrade should happen soon!

Many thanks,
Jen

--
Jenny Mitcham
Digital Archivist

Telephone: 01904 321170

Borthwick Institute website: http://www.york.ac.uk/borthwick/
Digital archiving blog: http://digital-archiving.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @Jenny_Mitcham
Skype: jenny_mitcham

Dan Gillean

Nov 6, 2017, 12:21:46 PM11/6/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jen,

I think you're on the right track - if you can still access the record via direct URL but not via search/browse, then my first suspicion would be that the search index needs to be repopulated. You might also want to clear the application cache, and restart services (PHP-FPM, memcached) for good measure.

Note that if you upgrade to AtoM 2.4, you might be able to solve this without having to reindex your entire site, which can be useful if you have a lot of records. In 2.4, the re-index command has some new options to exclude certain record types (like say, archival descriptions) that you don't need to reindex. For large sites, this can save a lot of reindexing time. See:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Jenny Mitcham

Nov 7, 2017, 4:02:27 AM11/7/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that Dan - good to get confirmation that I'm thinking along the right lines.
Yes I am very much looking forward to getting AtoM 2.4 and being able to re-index just the accession records without impacting the data that is publicly visible! Then I won't have to get out of bed early for my re-indexing work! :-)
Cheers,
Jen