Customization User Interface

Carlos Quispe Geronimo

Jun 4, 2020, 9:55:22 AM6/4/20
to AtoM Users
Greetings members:
How I can customize user interface of ICA Atom 2.5? For example, I want to reorder Browse Options or modifiy some default messages.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Dan Gillean

Jun 4, 2020, 10:35:13 AM6/4/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carlos,

For the Browse menu specifically, you can reorder this via the user interface, using the Menu module at Admin > Menus. Find the browse menu parent node - you will see up and down arrows next to every child node in that menu. Clicking the up arrow will move the selected menu item up in the order:

browse-menu.png

If you want to change the labels that appear in the browse menu, click on one of the menu nodes, and in the edit screen, change the value of the Label:

edit-menu.png

For more significant theme changes, such as changes to colors, and/or page layout: the best way to make changes without preventing you from upgrading in the future and losing all your changes is to develop a custom theme plugin, and use template overrides in the theme to make your changes. The following post in the forum has a good overview of how theme plugins are organized, as well as some links to other theming resources we have:
I'm also attaching a PDF that covers much of the same information on how a theme plugin is organized, and how to install a custom theme in your local installation.

You can also see every post that has been tagged with "themes" in the user forum in the last several years here:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

AtoM - Theming - custom theme plugin installation instructions.pdf