"Add custom hyperlinks to text fields" documentation not working in AtoM 2.5

jarrod...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2018, 7:50:46 PM12/20/18
to AtoM Users
Hi forum,

I'm testing out AtoM 2.5 and these instructions for adding a custom hyperlink to a text field aren't working! I've tried to directly copy-paste from the documentation and here's what I get.

custom_hyperlink.PNG

Is this a 2.5 issue or something going wrong in my installation?

- Jarrod

Corinne Rogers

Dec 21, 2018, 12:03:02 PM12/21/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Jarrod,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It does indeed appear to not be working as expected. I have filed a bug report (https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/12661) for this issue.

best regards,
Corinne

---
Corinne Rogers
Systems Archivist
Artefactual Systems

Dan Gillean

Dec 26, 2018, 1:47:17 PM12/26/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jarrod,

Sorry, I think this is actually a red herring! We haven't had a chance to update the 2.5 documentation yet (hence the red "work in progress" banner we keep over them), but that custom syntax is being replaced!

In 2.5 we have disabled the former custom link syntax, because the 2.5 release will see support added for a full markdown library instead. In markdown, you can format links like so:
Note that for markdown to work in AtoM, make sure the Markdown global setting is enabled in Admin > Settings.

There is also a command-line task that will convert the former custom syntax into markdown:
  • php symfony i18n:custom-link-to-markdown
The relevant tickets are here:
I am also attaching a sample EAD XML file you can import if you would like to see examples of all the supported markdown fields in AtoM after this update.

We will try to get the documentation updated soon.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.