Need Help - stock on installation of v2.6.1 (configure search)

buy Weed online

Jan 14, 2021, 8:32:10 PM1/14/21
to AtoM Users
What do I have to fill out here ???

The name of the ElasticSearch index your data will be stored in.

Please help

Dan Gillean

Jan 15, 2021, 10:55:24 AM1/15/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

If you have followed our installation instructions to the letter, then we provide the credentials you would need in this section:
The docs recommend the following defaults:
  • Search host: localhost
  • Search port: 9200
  • Search index: atom
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

buy Weed online

Jan 15, 2021, 12:02:49 PM1/15/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
still having issues after everything is well filled out, view attachment

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZLofZc1ZMSi0VATBJzCFLjX84Cj8bMCuE3kqb2Q2r8dPg%40mail.gmail.com.
Screenshot 2021-01-15 180115.png

Dan Gillean

Jan 15, 2021, 5:21:46 PM1/15/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

Here are a couple suggestions on things to investigate. We'll start with some basic checks:

First, make sure you've installed ES per our installation instructions. Sometimes people gloss over or miss important steps!

Elasticsearch also requires Java - make sure you're running the expected version. You can run the command java -version to check. Here is the output I get for a 2.6 installation with Elasticsearch 5.6:

openjdk version "11.0.8" 2020-07-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.8+10-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu120.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.8+10-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu120.04, mixed mode, sharing)

Second, make sure that the permissions are properly configured in AtoM. AtoM expects all files and subdirectories to be owned by the www-data user if you are following our recommended installation instructions. You can try resetting these permissions with the following:
  • sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/nginx/atom
Check to see if Elasticsearch is running:
  • sudo systemctl status elasticsearch
If not, try enabling and then starting ES, like so:
  • sudo systemctl enable elasticsearch
  • sudo systemctl start elasticsearch
If none of the above helped:

The most common reason we see for this installation error is not enough available memory. Elasticsearch is known to require a lot of memory during installation - though you can always scale that back a bit after everything is successfully installed and configured. Note that in our Technical Requirements page, this is what we recommend, and when used we typically don't see these kinds of errors:

For a frame of reference, Artefactual’s standard AtoM test/demo site deployment is a cloud VM with the following specifications:

Processor: 2 vCPUs @ 2.3GHz
Memory: 7GB
Disk space (processing): 50GB at a minimum for AtoM’s core stack plus more storage would be required for supporting any substantial number of digital objects.

If you do already have a lot of available memory for your server and none of the suggestions above have helped, then the next problem could be the default JVM heap_size in ES. The size of the heap is declared in /etc/default/elasticsearch - - specifically the ES_HEAP_SIZE for your install. Once the value is changed you will have to restart Elasticsearch. Remember, this shouldn't be set higher than half of the total available RAM on the server. If you do want to try to adjust this, I've found the following links to help guide you with tuning ES:
Finally, if none of the above has helped resolve the issue, the next thing you could try is to see if the ES logs have any more information than what you've found in your stack trace. In our recommended Ubuntu installation instructions, the Elasticsearch (ES) log is normally located in /var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log and you could check there to see if there's more information available. Try doing some web searches with the error message to see if you can find further suggestions online -  and remember to make sure they are for the correct version of ES!

A lot of this information and more can be found in previous user forum threads. For general Elasticsearch troubleshooting, please see the following previous forum threads, which include many suggestions,  and may cover some ground I haven't posted here:
Please start with these suggestions - specifically, trying to determine if it is a memory issue, as it commonly is with Elasticsearch issues - and let us know what you find. If nothing in there helps you to identify and/or solve the issue, please provide us with more information about your installation environment (ES version, O/S version, available system memory, etc...) and what you've tried so far, and we'll try to return with further ideas and suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.