Problems with jobs while importing Skos places (arFileImportJob)

derkle...@googlemail.com

Mar 9, 2020, 8:10:54 AM3/9/20
to AtoM Users
Hi there,

I started a import of an geodata Skos -File (from dtat.dnb.de/opendata) a few days ago. I waited until sundown and I waited some more. Nothing happen. After that I tried to stop the job with the provided command-line commands from the documentation (sudo systemctl stop atom-worker). But its still listed in the job management view. Restarting it also does not change the status or the output in the protocol.

Trying to start a new import with the same file ist also not possible. It results in a message, telling me that there is already a similar job in the job list.

I guess there is something wrong with my installation? I had a few problems, but the as far as i have seen, atom runs without problems. I'm not an expert and Unix is also new for me. But the Documentation helped me quite a bit. Thanks for that. But now I'm stuck.

Is there a way to send you more information, like some kind of protocol or something? Please let me know...hope you can guide me towards towards the right direction.
02.png
01.png
03.png

Dan Gillean

Mar 9, 2020, 11:39:41 AM3/9/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

First, if you've upgraded from an older version, make sure that your atom-worker config file looks like this now:
We made some changes in the 2.5 release that should make the job scheduler more persistent, but issues can still happen.

Next, there is a command-line task we can use to clear all jobs from the queue. Since it looks like you don't have any other jobs running than this one, let's try that. The following should be run from AtoM's root installation directory - if you have followed our recommended installation instructions, this is typically /usr/share/nginx/atom. Run the following:
  • php symfony jobs:clear
Let's also clear the application cache and restart php-fpm for good measure:
  • Clear the application cache: php symfony cc
  • Restart PHP-FPM:
    • With PHP 7.0: sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
    • With PHP 7.2: sudo systemctl restart php7.2-fpm
We can make sure the job scheduler is running as expected with the following:
  • sudo systemctl status atom-worker
If it's not running, try:
  • sudo systemctl restart atom-worker
And then check the status again to make sure it's running as expected. Now we can try the import again.

Finally, note that while the job scheduler shouldn't die as much, if you restart it more than 3 times in 24 hours, then you will need to manually reset the restart limit. You can do this like so:
  • sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
  • sudo systemctl start atom-worker
This is why it is important to check the status after running the various tasks - your restart attempts might trigger the limit, in which case you will need to run the reset-failed task before starting the worker again.

Let us know if that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.