Doubts with Docker for V-2.8

Carlos Moreno

Mar 6, 2024, 9:11:18 AMMar 6
to AtoM Users
Greetings to all this wonderful community.

I am using the guide to install Atom 2.8 with Docker.

I have doubts when it says that it is only for development environments.

But in my case I am installing it for a production environment.

Can I have conflicts?

Dan Gillean

Mar 6, 2024, 1:35:44 PMMar 6
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,

While it is possible to use Docker Compose in production, the particular Docker environment that we provide is not configured for server installation or ongoing persistent use, and it does not have the volumes and permissions configuration nor the  system resources assigned to it to handle the requirements of an active production instance. I would suggest you consider it a reference only.

AtoM is intended to be installed and run on a server when used in production. Your best approach is to follow the recommended installation documentation. If your server is not Linux, we strongly recommend creating an Ubuntu virtual machine and installing AtoM inside that, following the official documentation.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.