Unable to Configure the Archivematica with AtoM

Abid Fakhre Alam

May 8, 2024, 9:17:44 AMMay 8
to AtoM Users
I followed this :https://www.archivematica.org/en/docs/archivematica-1.15/admin-manual/installation-setup/customization/dashboard-config/#admin-dashboard-atom

in the AtoM server configuration section it is mentioned that: :

Now, it’s time to configure the AtoM server so Archivematica can send the DIPs using SSH/rsync. For that purpose, you will create a user called archivematica and we are going to assign that user a restricted shell with access only to rsync:

$ sudo apt-get install rssh
  $ sudo useradd -d /home/archivematica -m -s /usr/bin/rssh archivematica
  $ sudo passwd -l archivematica
  $ sudo vim /etc/rssh.conf

Add the SSH key that we generated before:

$ sudo mkdir /home/archivematica/.ssh $ chmod 700 /home/archivematica/.ssh/ $ sudo vim /home/archivematica/.ssh/authorized_keys // Paste here the contents of id_dsa.pub $ chown -R archivematica:archivematica /home/archivematica

When I run this command in AtoM server to configure the rssh it through this error
root@IP:/opt# sudo apt-get install rssh
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package rssh

is there any proper guide to configure the AtoM with Archivematica.
I have install the AtoM and Archivematica in two different server AWS ec2 instance Ubuntu 22.04

thanks,
Abid

Amaya Rodrigo

May 9, 2024, 7:15:45 AMMay 9
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Abid!

rssh was inscure and has been abandoned upstream, and removed from Ubuntu.
Useful context: https://superuser.com/questions/1678816/cannot-install-rssh-on-ubuntu-virtualbox
We need to update the docs, a candidate would be rush (should work the same, may need to be configured by you), but we obviously have not tested it yet.

Good luck and let us know if you make it work!

Amaya M Rodrigo Sastre (she/her/bofh) - sysadmin@artefactual