Remote digital objects import error via csv

Willian CS

Jan 20, 2023, 11:35:17 PM1/20/23
to AtoM Users
Hello,

My name is Willian and the institution I work for in Brazil has adopted the import of digital objects via csv.

When we import remote digital objects we get the following error: "Could not read the file". Analyzing the code I noticed that in digitalObjectLoadTask.class.php there are path validations for local digital objects. Thus, any and all remote digital objects are barred.

To resolve this, I replaced importFromFile with importFromURI for creating the digital object.

With these changes, the code allows sending local and remote digital objects in the same csv, validating the URI by the presence of the host. If the host does not exist, import the object with the local path.

We are using Atom version 2.7.1 - 192
Linux - Ubuntu 20.04.
Elasticsearch 5.6.

I opened a pull request on the github repository with a proposed code modification.

Cheers,
Willian
Technical Advisor
Arquivo Público do Estado de São Paulo

Dan Gillean

Jan 24, 2023, 2:11:10 PM1/24/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Willian,

Thank you so much for this! Please note: we are in the process of onboarding a new team of maintainers for the AtoM project and strategizing how to support new development projects alongside our existing tools. Because of this ongoing change, it might take a bit for our new maintainers to review and respond to your pull requests.

Please be patient - someone will review your work and respond. And thank you so much for sharing your contributions with the public project!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.