Inventory Settings

caroli...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2017, 1:31:22 PM1/26/17
to AtoM Users
Hi again!!

I'm trying to include the levels of description in the inventory list, but I don't know if it's working.
The levels are selected, but when I go add an archival description, the list of levels shows all the levels, even the ones I did not include in the inventory.
Is it normal?

Thanks in advance,

Carolina Melo

P.S.: I'm sorry for so many topics!

Dan Gillean

Jan 26, 2017, 3:12:26 PM1/26/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolina,

Interesting, can you tell us more? What is the default installation culture (e.g. language) of your AtoM instance? Note that in a multilingual environment, you'll need to set the chosen levels for each language - e.g. select them in the inventory settings, save, flip the user interface to the next language, make your inventory level selections in the settings for that culture, save, repeat as needed.

Note as well that selecting the levels does not change what descriptions show up in the treeview, it only influences what is shown in the inventory list.

Some documentation links:

If it's none of those things, you might try re-indexing, clearing the application cache, and clearing your browser cache to see if this has any effect? Let us know if that helps.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

caroli...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2017, 12:56:56 PM1/27/17
to AtoM Users, caroli...@gmail.com
Great! Many thanks, Dan!

I did not know that I should choose the levels for each language.
On Archivematica I couldn't add metadatas at ingest pages (in arrange folder). There was a message saying that no AtoM levels of description was found.
I don't know if this tip will solve this specific problem. I didn't try yet. But I hope so.

Another thing... The holdings on the left side in the page of an archival descriptions only appear when the language is english.
When I put in portuguese, they desappear. Do you know why?

Best wishes,

Carolina Melo

caroli...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2017, 1:18:38 PM1/27/17
to AtoM Users
Hi, Dan!

I just saw the same issue in this topic:

I'll try your sugestion, but if you have another solution, please, tell me!

Thanks again,

Carolina Melo

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM, <caroli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi again!!

I'm trying to include the levels of description in the inventory list, but I don't know if it's working.
The levels are selected, but when I go add an archival description, the list of levels shows all the levels, even the ones I did not include in the inventory.
Is it normal?

Thanks in advance,

Carolina Melo

P.S.: I'm sorry for so many topics!

Dan Gillean

Jan 27, 2017, 2:58:23 PM1/27/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolina,

A couple in-line responses below:

I did not know that I should choose the levels for each language.
On Archivematica I couldn't add metadatas at ingest pages (in arrange folder). There was a message saying that no AtoM levels of description was found.
I don't know if this tip will solve this specific problem. I didn't try yet. But I hope so.

You might want to make sure that the existing levels of description in AtoM have translations in your chosen culture. e.g. Go to the page for "Item" term in the Levels of description taxonomy, flip the User interface culture to Portuguese, enter edit mode, and add a translation if there is not one already there. This might help? I will see if our Archivematica team members have further suggestions.

Another thing... The holdings on the left side in the page of an archival descriptions only appear when the language is english.
When I put in portuguese, they desappear. Do you know why?

Yes, this is another known issue found in version 2.3.0, and which is fixed in the upcoming 2.3.1 release. See:

Cheers,

caroli...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 8:17:29 AM1/30/17
to AtoM Users
You might want to make sure that the existing levels of description in AtoM have translations in your chosen culture. e.g. Go to the page for "Item" term in the Levels of description taxonomy, flip the User interface culture to Portuguese, enter edit mode, and add a translation if there is not one already there. This might help? I will see if our Archivematica team members have further suggestions.

Thank you, Dan, but all levels already have translations.

Yes, this is another known issue found in version 2.3.0, and which is fixed in the upcoming 2.3.1 release. See:
Oh, I see... So, is it only possible when we update the tool?
I was browsing through The Bahia State Public Archives and could see the tree-view on both language, portuguese and english. And the version used is 2.3.0.
I'm trying to contact them to ask how they did it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your responses! You guys are very solicitous!

Dan Gillean

Jan 30, 2017, 4:51:03 PM1/30/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolina,

It is possible that there is an issue pulling translated terms into Archivematica, but if they are translations of the original English default terms, I wouldn't expect there to be a problem. Have you configured all the connections between your Archivematica instance and AtoM, and pulled in the existing levels of description as per these instructions?

Regarding the treeview fix - it's possible that if Bahia installed from our git repository, they already have the 2.3.1 changes - they have been in the git repository for some time, we have just been testing the tarball release. It should be up on our website very soon, sorry for the delay!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Carolina Melo

Jan 31, 2017, 9:50:03 AM1/31/17
to AtoM Users
Dan, about the inventory list, the problem is solved. The levels of descriptions were not set on Archivematica. My bad. Sorry!

And about the tree-view, we'll wait the new version.

Best wishes,

Carolina Melo

Carolina Melo

Feb 7, 2017, 8:01:00 AM2/7/17
to AtoM Users
Hello again, Dan!

About the new version, is there some estimated date to release?

Best regards,

Carolina Melo

Dan Gillean

Feb 8, 2017, 3:47:20 PM2/8/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolina,

The 2.3.1 release is finalized - we're just waiting for our system administrators to work through their backlog of tasks so we can get the tarball uploaded to the website. You can install directly from our GitHub repository immediately following Option 2 in the installation instructions. In any case, I'm really hoping we can have the tarball available by the end of the week, and I apologize for the continued delays!

We hope that the next major release, version 2.4, will be available in May 2017. This is an estimate, and will depend on how the remaining development, testing, and documentation process goes! You can see what is coming by taking a look at the Roadmap page on our wiki.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.