Embedding mirador into a static page on atom

matthewb...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2021, 6:05:31 AM4/16/21
to AtoM Users
Friends,

Question more for the developers:

I am using mirador (iiif compatible viewer) for my archival images, and wanted to see if I could embed it into a static page in atom. I am no developer by an means, so it might be an utterly stupid experiment.

Would this work? Or need any small tweaks?

Reflections would be most welcome.

matthewb...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2021, 8:53:53 AM4/16/21
to AtoM Users
I'm trying it out now and it seems not to be working.
Can a static html page run scripts inside it? Is there issues with the version of html?

Dan Gillean

Apr 19, 2021, 12:53:15 PM4/19/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew,

As far as I know, if everything needed is in place and you're NOT using the HTML purifier (it's off by default - see: https://www.accesstomemory.org/docs/latest/user-manual/administer/static-pages/#static-pages-and-security-configuration), then it should be possible to run a script in an AtoM static page.

That said, we are pretty limited in how we can assist you with this. The biggest issue that I can see is in line 35 - mirador is looking for the code it needs to create the viewer from a minimized file, and is using a relative path. This means it's assuming that this code is in your AtoM directory somewhere, and all the other dependencies needed to run Mirador (for example NodeJS, grunt, etc) are also present.

If you manage to dig through the Mirador project documentation and find what you need, then I'd suggest creating a new mirador directory inside AtoM's vendor directory, and updating that path to point to the right place. Also, make sure you read through all the other dependencies (like the 2 examples I mentioned) and that these are installed on your AtoM server!

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Message has been deleted

matthewb...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2021, 4:42:02 AM4/20/21
to AtoM Users
Dan,
I installed mirador and node into the main atom folder rather than the vendor folder.
Does this matter?

Dan Gillean

Apr 20, 2021, 9:18:15 AM4/20/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Matthew,

I don't think that should matter, but remember to update the path in that snippet so it points to the expected asset!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056