Seeking organisations that want to host an AtoM camp

Jennifer Roberts

Mar 23, 2022, 6:16:37 PM3/23/22
to AtoM Users
Dear AtoM users and the AtoM-curious,

We at Artefactual are starting to slowly poke our heads out from remote-only work and we are assessing if we can offer an AtoM camp this year.  We are considering both virtual and in-person options.  We have found that a good camp means having a good partner and before we make any decisions about this year, we're wondering if there are any organisations interested in hosting.

Generally speaking, for IRL camps a host provides space, AV equipment, advice with hotel recommendations and catering, and participation during the camp.  In exchange, Artefactual provides trainers, structure, VMs and training materials.  We also take care of promotion, registration, swag and basically anything else that needs doing.  In our first virtual Archivematica camp last year (co-hosted by Concordia University) the host team helped organise the event, planned the social events, presented during at the roundtable and translated materials into French.

You can learn more about what hosting an AtoM camp entails at our camp wiki page or you can email me directly with questions.

Warm regards,
Jenn Roberts (she/her)
Systems Archivist, Business Development Team