Install error: The "i18n" object does not exist in the current context

tes...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2016, 9:56:07 AM10/13/16
to AtoM Users
Hello,

I'm installing Atom 2.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 fallowing the official documentation (every command I used here). But I'm getting this error when I go to the web installation part.
As i18n is somewhat related to locale settings, here is the locale of the server.
What can be wrong?

Dan Gillean

Oct 13, 2016, 10:38:06 AM10/13/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

Thanks for including the details of your installation. Other than not running some commands as sudo, I couldn't see anything obvious that you missed in the installation process, but I will provide some general suggestions that often resolve issues for our users. First, have you confirmed that you also have enough memory allocated? AtoM will require at least 512MB for the installation process.

Next, you can check the language code value in apps/qubit/config/settings.yml - if it is en_US, perhaps try setting it simply to en to see if that helps? Remember to restart php5-fpm after. I would also clear the cache. See:

​Then:

  • sudo service php5-fpm restart
  • sudo service nginx restart
  • php symfony cc

Note: I did find one suggestion on how to resolve this from a previous user in the forum. I've not tested this myself, but it's possible there are cached files elsewhere in the application that might need to be purged first - see:

If those suggestions don't resolve the issue, sometimes reapplying the filesystem permissions can help. Assuming you've followed our recommended 14.04 instructions, try the following from AtoM's root directory:
  • sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/nginx/atom
  • sudo service php5-fpm restart
  • php symfony cc

If that doesn't work, there are also some suggestions in this thread for how to purge the database and run the upgrade task to ensure you have the most up-to-date DB schema. See:

I'll wait and see if any of those suggestions help - I'm not sure why you are encountering this error, so hopefully something above will help! Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

tes...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2016, 11:56:41 AM10/13/16
to AtoM Users
The problem was memory related. The virtual machine had 512MB of memory, now with 1024MB the installation process finished flawlessly.
Thanks!