500 error when searching

jill

Mar 23, 2012, 8:17:59 PM3/23/12
to ICA-AtoM Users
In my attempts to resolve the issue in the "Digital object
representation" discussion (http://groups.google.com/group/ica-atom-
users/browse_thread/thread/99bc2c14c652ebc0), I somehow made our
search stop working.

The two things I did on the server were:
1) Copy all directories and files from our icaatom-1.1/uploads
directory into our icaatom-1.2.0/uploads directory
2) Changed permissions (chmod) from 755 to 775 recursively on the
uploads directory, since that's how they were set in the icaatom-1.1/
uploads directory.

I'm currently running a search re-index to see if that will help. It
will likely be another couple of hours before that completes.

500 | Internal Server Error | Zend_Search_Lucene_Exception
Field name "do_thumbnail_FullPath" not found in document.
stack trace
* at ()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/plugins/sfLucenePlugin/lib/vendor/Zend/Search/
Lucene/Document.php line 104 ...
101. {
102. if (!array_key_exists($fieldName, $this-
>_fields)) {
103. require_once 'Zend/Search/Lucene/
Exception.php';
104. throw new
Zend_Search_Lucene_Exception("Field name \"$fieldName\" not found in
document.");
105. }
106. return $this->_fields[$fieldName];
107. }

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for what to do to
resolve this.

Thank you,

Jill

jill

Mar 26, 2012, 12:52:54 PM3/26/12
to ICA-AtoM Users
I reindexed the search and then cleared the cache, and the error has
resolved. It makes sense to me that I would want to reindex after
copying those files over, but I don't get why this caused an error.
Any ideas?

Thanks and Best,

Jill

David Juhasz

Mar 26, 2012, 7:02:34 PM3/26/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jill,

I think the errors from the search page are probably a result of those
failed attempts to create a reference & thumbnail representation from
the PDF files. My best guess is that the system tried to save the
updated digital object information to the search index, but because
there was no thumbnail available, it corrupted that document in the index.

As far as I know, there's no way that copying over the files from your
old ICA-AtoM instance could cause issues with the search index (other
than the thumbnails going "missing" from the search results).

Regards,
David

--
David Juhasz,
Software Engineer

Artefactual Systems Inc.
www.artefactual.com

ErikaH

Mar 27, 2012, 5:10:36 PM3/27/12
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello all,

I experienced similar search errors with certain keywords returning a
500 internal server error. (i.e. leeds and lansdowne, 1000 islands,
lansdowne).

I cleared the cache and rebuilt the search index multiple times, but
it didn't solve the issue.

However, we had also issues with generation of reference images and
thumbnails (we had GhostScript but not ImageMagick installed). Seeing
the other discussion, I installed ImageMagick, cleared the cache, and
rebuilt the search index.

This unfortunately still didn't solve the issue. So, I deleted all of
our uploads, cleared the cache, and rebuilt the search index again -
and the search now works again!

Obviously this is not a good solution for those with multiple uploads,
if this happens to them, but it does appear that David's suggestion of
corruption of the document in the search index is correct.

However, attempts at new uploads are now being met with a 500 error. I
haven't had a chance to investigate this side of things much further,
but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Erika
--
Leeds and the Thousand Islands Archives

Jesús García Crespo

Apr 3, 2012, 1:31:13 PM4/3/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM, ErikaH <erika...@gmail.com> wrote:
However, attempts at new uploads are now being met with a 500 error. I
haven't had a chance to investigate this side of things much further,
but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please, try to reproduce the problem with the debug mode enabled, that should give you more details.

Thank you.

--
Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.

ErikaH

Apr 10, 2012, 10:03:50 AM4/10/12
to ICA-AtoM Users
Thanks Jesús!
I had some time to get into the issue today, and the 500 error when
adding a new upload was just a permissions issue.Thanks for the
reminder about the debug!

I can now upload pdfs and images again with reference/thumbnails just
fine. However, I like to replace the reference representation for our
box/folder lists with a small image that says 'box/folder list'. When
I deleted the reference representation and added the 'list' image, I
got the following error (via debug mode):

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/ltia/
icaatom-1.2.0/apps/qubit/modules/right/actions/editComponent.class.php
on line 188 Fatal error: Call to a member function processForm() on a
non-object in /var/www/ltia/icaatom-1.2.0/apps/qubit/modules/
digitalobject/actions/editAction.class.php on line 185

I get the same error when attempting to auto-generate a reference
representation from the master image.

This seems to be similar to the issues Jill was having, though we
haven't gotten any Ghostscript errors popping up:http://
groups.google.com/group/ica-atom-users/browse_thread/thread/
99bc2c14c652ebc0/b12746eb8f21e446?lnk=gst&q=on+line
+185+#b12746eb8f21e446

However, re: a previous conversation with David where we discussed the
fact that our digital objects did not have a path listed (http://
groups.google.com/group/ica-atom-users/browse_thread/thread/
eb36e45966583e7f/7bc60ca0412e6cf5?lnk=gst&q=erikah#7bc60ca0412e6cf5),
I'm wondering if this is somehow related to that? The data that is
displayed looks exactly like the screenshot in the wiki, though
(http://www.ica-atom.org/doc/Upload_digital_objects).

Cheers,
Erika

David Juhasz

Apr 19, 2012, 6:56:23 PM4/19/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, Jessica Bushey
Hi Erika,

This sounds like to me like it might be a bug with the new "rights" form on the digital object pages.

Jessica, can you please try and reproduce Erika's problem with uploading a new reference representation and re-generating the reference image, and file a bug report if necessary?

Regards,
David

On 12-04-10 07:03 AM, ErikaH wrote:
[...]

JBushey: ICA-AtoM Community Manager

Apr 20, 2012, 2:50:40 PM4/20/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Erika,

I have tested the reference copy replacement and regeneration and confirm it is a bug.
I have filed Issue 2311 - http://code.google.com/p/qubit-toolkit/issues/detail?id=2311

Thank you for your help,
Jessica

ErikaH