Missing string for translation

elizabe...@gov.nt.ca

Jul 10, 2020, 3:36:25 PM7/10/20
to AtoM Users
Hi,

We've noticed that the message that displays when you save a clipboard is in English, even when the interface is set to French. (The message is "Clipboard saved. Clipoard ID is [number]. Please write this number down. When you want to reload this clipboard in the future, open the Clipboard menu, select Load clipboard, and enter this number in the Clipboard ID field".)

I had a look on the Weblate site and I can't find this string there at all (with or without a translation). Did it get left out accidentally?

Elizabeth

Dan Gillean

Jul 13, 2020, 5:01:46 PM7/13/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Elizabeth,

Good catch! It does look like you might have found a place where our team forgot to add the i18n helper that allows us to extract the strings for translation - or rather, the way it is implemented does not seem to be working:
I've checked Weblate and the built-in translation bar in AtoM, and could not find these strings in either. Correspondingly, I have filed an issue ticket for this here:
I have *tentatively* tagged this issue for consideration in the 2.6.1 release. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that we will be able to address it! To learn more about how we maintain and develop AtoM, see:
If this is important to your institution and you would like to sponsor the development of a fix to ensure its inclusion in 2.6.1, please feel free to contact me off-list, and Artefactual can prepare a bug fix estimate for you.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.