How to pack a new BS5 theme for distribution

Orestes Sanchez

Jun 12, 2023, 1:48:29 PM6/12/23
to AtoM Users
Hi!

I am preparing a new theme based on BS5.

I am considering how to distribute it to avoid users to have to build it in their environments. So I would like to pack the theme and the /dist files together.

By building using webpack, I get a some additional files to the original ones on /dist folder, and I would like to pack just the new files with the plugin. The /dist folder includes the theme files for CSS and JS, but there are additional ones I am not sure I should include in the package.

What files should I include from /dist folder in the theme ZIP?

I tried to run the webpack build only on the theme folder, but I didn't succeed. Do you have any guide on how to accomplish it?

José Raddaoui

Jun 13, 2023, 8:54:38 AM6/13/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Orestes,

That's a great question and good feedback. Currently, there is no easy way to include everything in the theme plugin folder after build. As you noticed you'll also need to include the changes from the dist folder. In there you may find the theme JS and CSS files alongside other assets referenced in the build. We'll look at improving this process in following releases, thanks!

Best regards,
Radda.

Orestes Sanchez

Jun 14, 2023, 1:46:45 PM6/14/23
to AtoM Users
Thank you for your response!

I am planning to release the theme as open-source, so I will finally figure out what the new resources are and pack it all together.

Regards.
Orestes.