import csv example

fed...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2022, 11:09:25 AM11/7/22
to AtoM Users
hello everyone! we are trying to import a .csv, we have never done it before and our technical knowledge is somewhat limited: the question is if someone can give us an example of a csv prepared for import. something simple to give us a clearer vision. thank you all for your help. thank you very much.

Dan Gillean

Nov 7, 2022, 11:22:22 AM11/7/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

A couple suggestions for you:

First of all, we do include two rows of sample data (a parent and child record) in the example CSV files included with AtoM. You can find these either directly in the code you've installed locally (the ISAD description template, for example, is in lib/task/import/example/isad - here it is on GitHub), or on the AtoM wiki:
I recommend that you import the example CSV to your AtoM installation. Each sample field includes the full ISAD(G) name as the example data - so you can then look at how the sample data maps to the fields shown in AtoM's display and edit interfaces simply by comparing the two, and the example rows can act as a guide when you want to add your own metadata.

Alternatively, the other thing you could try doing is going to our public demo site, finding a couple descriptions you like, and using the Clipboard to export them as CSV files. Here's the documentation for how to do that if you haven't before:
If  you want something with a decent multi-level hierarchy, try:
For a collection with a flatter list of item-level descriptions below it, see:
Finally, do be sure to review the CSV import documentation as it will help you prepare your CSV. We also have slides that summarize the key points for archival description metadata:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 11:09 AM fed...@gmail.com <fed...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello everyone! we are trying to import a .csv, we have never done it before and our technical knowledge is somewhat limited: the question is if someone can give us an example of a csv prepared for import. something simple to give us a clearer vision. thank you all for your help. thank you very much.

fed...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2022, 7:01:33 AM11/8/22
to AtoM Users
very clear, thanks for the help