[announce] AtoM Virtual Machine - get a full AtoM server running on your personal computer

Ricardo Pinho

Jul 13, 2020, 12:21:30 PM7/13/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear AtoM users!

I'm pleased to announce the release of AtoM-VM v2.5.4, a full featured and ready to use Access to Memory server installation that can run on the background of your personal desktop computer.

Provided for helping new users on starting into AtoM. But also suitable for small scale Archive projects or for testing, training and migration to new AtoM versions.

Download it for a small distribution fee, to help me support it and make further improvements in the future! Thank you!

Please visit: https://atom-vm.com

Or download directly from trusted MyCommerce platform.

A Virtual Machine built according to the oficial Access to Memory 2.5.4 version install procedure, based on Ubuntu server 18.04 LTS, offering you a portable and isolated AtoM server for instant use.

Please feel free to contact me directly for more information and suggestions.

Cheers and have fun!
--
Ricardo Pinho

**********************
RELEASE NOTES:
**********************

Copyright (c) 2020 Ricardo Pinho <ricard...@atom-vm.com>

AtoM VM is an independent product and not related whatsoever with Artefactual Systems Inc.

0: Software inside AtoM-VM is available under various Free and Open Source licenses. Access to Memory (AtoM) is a copyright product of Artefactual Systems Inc. <in...@artefactual.com>, under Affero GPL version 3 or any later version.

1: AtoM-VM is released as a Virtual Machine image file under the ova, ovf, vmdk and vmx file formats.

2: To use it you must uncompress the distribution 7z file into any storage device, such as: hard drive, usb external drive, usb stick, etc.

3: To run it you must have previously installed any Virtual Machine player able to import the standard ovf and vmdk file format or run directly from a vmx file.
You can use the free VMWare Player (https://www.vmware.com/go/downloadplayer) or VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads).

4: This release of AtoM-VM runs only on 64bit computer (x86-amd64), limited only by the player support capabilities.

5: USE AtoM-VM AT YOUR OWN RISK, IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.

Dan Gillean

Jul 14, 2020, 10:41:05 AM7/14/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Thank you for sharing, Ricardo - very interesting!

Do you mind if I add information about this to the AtoM wiki, in our Community Resources?

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ricardo Pinho

Jul 15, 2020, 3:22:11 AM7/15/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dan, thank you!
Yes please, I would appreciate it if you could be so kind to add it to the Community Resources.
This is an early release and I will invest in improving the VM and site information in the future, according to the community response and interest in it.
Best wishes,
Ricardo Pinho

PS.
This is based on an old but successful concept of mine for the OS GIS world: GISVM
It was the base of todays OSGeo Live: https://live.osgeo.org

Dan Gillean

Jul 15, 2020, 10:54:56 AM7/15/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ricardo,

Thank you! I've added a section here:
If you have a wiki account, please feel free to edit and improve / correct my description as you see fit, or else you can email me with change requests. Thanks again for sharing!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ricardo Pinho

Jul 15, 2020, 12:00:08 PM7/15/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
It's perfect! thank you!
I will keep it updated.
Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho

Jul 17, 2020, 3:35:48 PM7/17/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear AtoM users!

I'm pleased to announce AtoM-VM v2.6.0, an AtoM Virtual Machine with the just released 2.6.0 version fully installed!

Please visit: https://atom-vm.com for more information!

Or download directly from trusted MyCommerce platform.

Have fun!
--
Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho

May 24, 2021, 8:08:34 AM5/24/21
to AtoM Users
Dear AtoM users!

I'm pleased to announce AtoM-VM v2.6.4, an AtoM Virtual Machine with the latest released 2.6.4 version fully installed.

Please visit: https://atom-vm.com for more information.

Or download directly from trusted MyCommerce platform.

AtoM-VM is a full featured and ready to use Access to Memory server installation that run's on the background of your personal desktop /laptop computer.
An independent community project, sharing a free to use Virtual Machine, offering you a portable and isolated AtoM server for immediate use.

Have fun!
--
Ricardo Pinho

Dan Gillean

May 25, 2021, 9:21:28 AM5/25/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Great news - thanks for sharing, and for updating the entry on the wiki as well, Ricardo!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ricardo Pinho

Feb 24, 2022, 12:31:23 PM2/24/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear AtoM users,

I'm pleased to announce a 2022 updated version of AtoM-VM's, available here:

Enjoy the AtoM 2.5.4 version at "Ultra Low Price" for only 2€ (80% discount)

Or the latest version AtoM 2.6.4 for 10€.

I will appreciate your support for maintaining this independent project.

Thank you in advance!
Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho