AtoM and IIIF - universal Viewer

Aude Alexandre

Jul 3, 2019, 5:17:28 AM7/3/19
to AtoM Users
Hi everybody,

I am looking for a solution to give access via AtoM to thousands of digitalized archive files, which are heavy pdfs with up to 350 pages and therefore often as heavy as 100 Mb and sometimes more than 600 Mb.

As it is difficult to sufficiently reduce the pages dimensions maintaining a good lisibility, even more in a batch operation, it seems that a good way to do this would be to use a viewer (in streaming) such as https://universalviewer.io/.

I see that there has been a discussion in 2016 on this topic on the list:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ica-atom-users/yThvoVSluUY

Has there been some update since? Is anyone using a viewer integrated with Atom, and could give a feedback on this?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Aude Alexandre
Archives of the Royal Museum of Fine Arts - Brussels

Dan Gillean

Jul 8, 2019, 12:46:41 PM7/8/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Aude,

There has been continued interest, but thus far no one has sponsored development via Artefactual or submitted a pull request to have this included in an upcoming public release. I am aware of one institution who is looking into doing development around this internally, and I hope to have more information about the project after our upcoming AtoM Camp in London, where I'll be connecting with institutional members to learn more!

In case you are not familiar with how we currently maintain and develop AtoM, you may find the following page of interest. (Note that our wiki is experiencing issues, so it is currently not themed as we work to resolve the issue - but the content is still there!)
Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.