Installation in hosting service

Morgado Produções

May 24, 2021, 1:20:56 PM5/24/21
to AtoM Users
Good afternoon friends, I'm a bit of a layman in the area. But I have some knowledge and PHP / HTML. I have a customer wanting to install ATOM on his hosting. But it has no dedicated server or machine. Just a simple linux hosting at KINGHOST. Is it possible to install this way or only via the terminal and the server itself?

I started an installation by downloading the files from the website and configuring the database. But I was stuck in the "search configuration" part. I put the host information the same in the database configuration and does not connect. Can someone give us a light? Thanks

Capturar.PNG

Monica Wood

May 24, 2021, 5:31:39 PM5/24/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

The Search configuration is for an elasticsearch server.  Usually the localhost on port 9200.
I would say you'll struggle to get atom set up without a terminal and root access, it might not be entirely impossible if the hosting service provides everything for you. However, you can find some decently priced VPS's out there.

Cheers,
Monica