Unable to Update Publication Status using Update descendants in Welsh interface

Vicky Phillips

Sep 12, 2017, 7:15:42 AM9/12/17
to AtoM Users
Hi,
We've had a report from an archivist that they are getting an Oops! Internal server error message when trying to update the Publication Status of an archive and it's descendants when working on a Welsh archival description in the Welsh interface.  When we look at the Jobs Manager page we notice that the task information has

Updating publication status for the descendants of "" to "Published".

27 descriptions updated.

Although it says the job has completed the Publication Status has not changed.  Is it because the Title isn't coming through in the task that this is failing? Shouldn't the Welsh title be displaying here? Is there a culture fall-back issue here?

Thanks,
Vicky

Dan Gillean

Sep 12, 2017, 11:58:20 AM9/12/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Vicky,

I have just tested this on 2.4, and had no issues in Welsh. Granted, my default installation culture is English, not Welsh, so that could be complicating things, but I was able to update the publication status of new descriptions with descendants created in the Welsh interface, and then log out and confirm they were visible to public users after.

I too saw the "" on the Job status, which does suggest that culture fallback is not available in the console output at the moment - something we can look into. But the task did in fact execute successfully for me.

Have you tried restarting the job scheduler? Also, whenever there are language issues, it can be useful to try re-indexing. Sometimes if something fails, then the index is not properly updated, which complicates tasks that work across cultures. Let's try the usual barrage of maintenance tasks to see if this resolves the issue first - if only to rule them out.

To restart the job scheduler:
Repopulating the search index:
Clearing the application cache:
Restarting PHP-FPM:
  • In Ubuntu 14.04: sudo service php5-fpm restart
  • In Ubuntu 16.04: sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
One other thought I had that could be the culprit: if you are still using 2.3, it's possible that there are not translations yet for the Published and Draft terms, and this could be causing the issue? Unfortunately these terms are not visible via the user interface so you won't be able to add them manually, but they are in the 2.4 release, so upgrading might help.

In the meantime, I have filed a bug for the lack of title display in the Jobs info mesage, here:
Let us know if any of the above works!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager