AtoM Summer Workshop in Seoul Korea

Daejin An

Jul 18, 2023, 3:18:11 AM7/18/23
to AtoM Users

Hello everyone,

I am excited to announce that Korea Association of Record Managers and Archivist(KARMA) and Archive Lab will be offering a 2 day AtoM training session in Seoul this summer!

Starting this year, We will begin AtoM and Archivematica training for record managers and archivists in the Korean government and local governments.
The training lasts for a total of 14 hours over two days and covers AtoM in the summer and Archivematica in the winter.

In the meantime, there have been several special lectures or short hands-on programs, but this is the first education that recognizes regular study hours for public officials.

We would like to thank Justin Simpson and the staff at Artefactual Systems for sending us stickers and supporting us all the way here to Seoul.

Maybe I will share some photos of the workshop.
We hope that there will be more organizations using AtoM and Archivematica in Korea!

Training information

Program: Open Source Software Training - 1st Course (AtoM)

- AtoM 1st: 2023-07-27 ~ 2023-07-28 (14 hours)

- AtoM 2nd: 2023-08-29 ~ 2023-08-30 (14 hours)

Location: AREX-5, Seoul Station, South Korea

Goal:

- Learn best practices through proven open source software from the archive community

-Provide prior learning and information to archivists who are reviewing AtoM with cataloging software

Number of participants: 11

Participant Information:

- Archivist of government and local government

- Archivists and IT staff at art foundations and cultural institutions

- Researchers and activists

- Software developer of records management company

Instructors: Yim Jin Hee (Professor), Daejin (CEO of Archive Lab), Kiyoung (Archive Lab)

Teaching assistants: 3 volunteers (record management graduate students)

Main Content:

- Cataloging with AtoM as a team

- Understanding and practicing ISAD(G), ISAAR(CPF), ISDF, ISDIAH

- Learn key functions such as User and Groups, Accession Records, CSV Import, and multilingual

Organizer:

- KARMA (Korea Association of Records Managers and Archivists)

- Archive Lab

Upcoming schedule:

- Digital Preservation with Archivematica

- Online Exhibition with Omeka

Information URL: https://www.archivists.or.kr/1906