PDF with audio

Carolina Melo

Dec 20, 2018, 11:58:39 AM12/20/18
to AtoM Users
Hi, everyone!

Has anyone tried uploading a PDF with audio to the Atom?

Best regards,

Carolina Melo

Dan Gillean

Jan 2, 2019, 11:29:58 AM1/2/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolina,

I can't say I've ever tried this! My suspicion is that most browser based PDF readers will not support playing the audio, so a user would likely have to download the PDF and view it locally in a PDF reader that can play the audio. Have you tested this further since posting? If this is the case, then you might consider adding a cover page to your PDF that will alert users that there is embedded audio in the PDF, which will require local download for proper viewing.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.