Creating child descriptions without --attach-only job option turned on

Willian CS

Jan 23, 2023, 11:47:30 AM1/23/23
to AtoM Users
Hi,

When importing digital objects via the command line, the default behavior is to create new child descriptions when multiple lines point to the same description. However, there may be cases where the user has mistakenly duplicated identifiers and new descriptions start to pollute the database. Therefore, not adding the --attach-only option has the same effect as adding it.

In that case, as default behavior, wouldn't it be prudent for the import task to return an error when it finds several lines pointing to a description that already has a digital object?

Create a pull request on Github suggesting these changes.

Thanks,
Willian
Technical Advisor
Public Archive of the State of São Paulo - Brazil

Dan Gillean

Jan 24, 2023, 2:12:34 PM1/24/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Willian,

Because you've posted about 2 separate pull requests in two separate threads, I am going to copy my message from the other thread here as well, for anyone else in the forum following this discussion:

Thank you so much for this! Please note: we are in the process of onboarding a new team of maintainers for the AtoM project and strategizing how to support new development projects alongside our existing tools. Because of this ongoing change, it might take a bit for our new maintainers to review and respond to your pull requests.

Please be patient - someone will review your work and respond. And thank you so much for sharing your contributions with the public project!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.