Authority Record Export - Type of relationship

abe...@utoronto.ca

Feb 13, 2018, 4:38:17 PM2/13/18
to AtoM Users
I noticed the following information is not exported in the EAC-CPF XML file:

Relationships area -- Related entity -- Type of relationship

Link to the example record

Is it intentional?  If so, is there an alternative way to have it exported?

Thank you.

Dan Gillean

Feb 13, 2018, 5:38:14 PM2/13/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Abraham,

Further refinements to the EAC-CPF mapping were not included in the original sponsored development that added this reciprocal "type" relationship to the authority records. There's also not a great way to map this in EAC-CPF currently - although it does look like the <cpfRelation> element allows for a <descriptiveNote> to be included as a sub-element. So it would be possible to do something like the following:

     <relationEntry>Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.) Board of Regents Campus Centre Building Committee</relationEntry>
     <descriptiveNote>Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Board of Regents Centenary Building Committee is controlled by Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Board of Regents</descriptiveNote>
</cpfRelation>

However, I'm not sure that we would effectively be able to roundtrip this data (aka have it import into another AtoM instance and recreate the same relationships), since AtoM is using a reciprocal controlled vocabulary to refine the nature of the relationships, but this would be a free-text interpretation of the output. I'd have to check with our developers, and dig deeper into the EAC-CPF standard to be certain.

Either way, changes to include more data in the export would require analysis and development, which would require community sponsorship for Artefactual to be able to undertake. If your institution is interested in potentially sponsoring such work, please feel free to contact me off-list.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Message has been deleted

abe...@utoronto.ca

Feb 15, 2018, 11:31:19 AM2/15/18
to AtoM Users
Thank you for the reply Dan.  Does the limitation apply to the CSV import (Authority Record - Relations data) as well?

Dan Gillean

Feb 15, 2018, 11:44:06 AM2/15/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Abe,