I'm sorry, we have stopped announcing release dates in advance precisely because of how hard it can be to hold to them. The work we do for releases - especially with minor bug-fix releases - is all unpaid work, meaning that as a small company, we necessarily have to prioritize our client work first, and complete the community maintenance work as we are able. In this case, we had a lot of work-related travel in the summer that tied up our team, though we are focusing on finalizing this release now.
However, sometimes issues come up that we feel are important to get into this release, so the community can benefit from a bug fix prior to the 2.5 release, which likely won't be until next year. For example, the following issue was recently reported in our user forum
, and came up while I was leading a training session at our recent AtoM Camp in Toronto - since it breaks major functionality, we are now trying to add a fix prior to the 2.4.1 release is made public. See:
At this point, we have complete most regression and functional testing on the release, and as you can see here
, there are only 4 remaining open tickets (and one ticket for release management) for us to address, many of which require only testing to be complete. So we are close!
However, if you don't want to wait for the formal public release, you do have some options on how to proceed immediately as well:
If you have previously installed
2.4 using Option 2
in our recommended installation
instructions, from our code repository
, then you should be able to use git to pull in the changes, then restart services, clear the cache, and populate the search index. You might also want to look at the notes I've added to the release page for 2.4.1 about upgrading, here:
Alternatively, you could also follow the normal upgrade process
(i.e. back up your data, install
a new version, and then load your data into it), but use Option 2
for the installation
of the new site, and install
from our stable/2.4.x branch
in our code repository
, rather than waiting for a public downloadable tarball. We are still doing some internal testing, but the branch is stable, and should be suitable for production use if needed. If there are further updates before the final public release, you could easily pull them in without having to do another full upgrade, following the first method I described above.
Thanks in advance for your understanding!