Remove english language

Carolina Melo

Oct 2, 2017, 1:27:40 PM10/2/17
to AtoM Users
Hi, everyone!

I need to remove the english language of my AtoM, and it's not possible to do it through the application.
Can you guys help me to do it through another way?

Thanks in advance,

Carolina Melo

Carolina Melo

Oct 2, 2017, 1:57:38 PM10/2/17
to AtoM Users
Or, at least, can I remove the menu-language from the top-bar?

Dan Gillean

Oct 2, 2017, 2:41:53 PM10/2/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolina,

Because English is the language that the source strings in AtoM are written in, it's not possible to remove it entirely from the application.

If you are only using one language in your AtoM instance (e.g. Brazilian Portuguese), then you can hide the entire language menu via Admin > Settings > Default page elements. See:
The ability to hide the language menu via Settings was introduced in AtoM 2.3.

If you need to keep the language menu for other reasons but want to hide English from the available options, then you might need to have a developer make code changes.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Carolina Melo

Oct 3, 2017, 7:07:34 AM10/3/17
to AtoM Users
Thank you, Dan!
It helps a lot, but I still have this button in the page.

Can I remove it?

On Monday, October 2, 2017 at 2:27:40 PM UTC-3, Carolina Melo wrote:
Hi, everyone!

I need to remove the english language of my AtoM, and it's not possible to do it through the application.
Can you guys help me to do it through another way?

Thanks in advance,

Carolina Melo

Dan Gillean

Oct 3, 2017, 10:27:33 AM10/3/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolina,

Interesting. This might be a bug. A couple of questions so I can reproduce:
  • Is your default installation culture pt_BR? You can check in apps/qubit/config/settings.yml - docs here
  • Were the descriptions also created while using the pt_BR interface (i.e. not English)?
  • Have you checked to ensure there are in fact no strings in the description that have been translated (e.g. edited while someone is using the English interface)?
If the answer to all of the above is yes, then I will try to reproduce - if I can recreate it, I think we should consider this a bug, as there is not in fact any translated content, and the site should not show the translation menu when the content has not been translated.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Carolina Melo

Oct 3, 2017, 1:06:21 PM10/3/17
to AtoM Users
Hi, Dan! My default installation culture is pt_BR, but I saw many objects in the database in brazilian portuguese and in english too, so I guess I already know what I have to do.
I'm updating the database to have only pt_BR registers.

Thank you,

Carolina Melo