mikel...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 4:28:58 AM2/14/17
to AtoM Users
Hi,

Nowadays I have a old software and I want to migrate to ATOM.

I have been looking for how to import/export tesauro's subjects, but I haven't found information.

How would do you do a tesauro's subject migration? Do you have any template (CSV or XML) to commit it?

Or maybe, I have to create Subjects one by one to make the corrects relationship among Subjects...

Thank you!!

Dan Gillean

Feb 14, 2017, 10:37:30 AM2/14/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Mikel,

Thanks for your question. If you have SKOS XML of your subject thesaurus, you can import that into AtoM. If it is relatively small, you can do it via the User interface - make sure you go to the SKOS import page as described in our documentation, and select the correct taxonomy! See:

Alternatively, if the Subject taxonomy you are importing is fairly large, we recommend that you import this SKOS XML file via the command-line to avoid timeouts during the upload process, which can leave partially completed (e.g. corrupted) data in your database. See especially the --taxonomy option on the command-line task, which will allow you to specify which taxonomy the terms should be imported into:

Note that there are a number of improvements to SKOS import coming in our next release, AtoM 2.4. We will be using the job scheduler in AtoM to perform the import asynchronously via the user interface, meaning that large files can be imported without timing out. Additionally, we are using a new library to perform the import (EasyRDF), which supports more SKOS serializations (not just XML), such as N3, Turtle, etc. Finally, if your taxonomy is available online and you have access to the SKOS RDF, you can provide AtoM with a URL for import, instead of having to download the file from the source first, and then re-upload it to AtoM. You'll find some details on the related development ticket, here:

Hope that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.